Ginger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! much appreciated! I am thinking about using this Viktor Schreckengost doo-dad as a headbadge... maybe black and red pinstripes? I guess I could scrub it off if it looks wanky.. :roll:

7FrkXpmdBPjThcG.jpg

welcome back Skills! and thanks again for the forks!!

I'm still on the lookout for a rat trap tho and may be gettin one sunday, so these may need to find another home... :roll:

I like the red and white. Maybe out line it to make it feel more like a head badge.
I have a feeling you will be forever explaining your reference for the design.

Its a Victor Schreckengost design ... He was the guy that initially designed the "spaceliner" type frame . He actually designed quite a few bikes as well as a bunch of other stuff .

some call him the American DaVinci . here is a link to some of his stuff , very cool. and heres one of his paintings.. you can kinda see what its about..

http://www.viktorschreckengost.org/

5887.jpg

Very cool bike. The rust patina on it is perfect.

Finally secured a rat trap from Mike at the VBS fall swap meet. I had to fix the head tube and weld a roll pin on to replace the broken hinge roll but the price was right!! ThanX Mike!!

just a little more "patina" and I can get it installed.. :mrgreen:

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

Thanks! It was actually blue when I got it, thats some rust paint I made to put on it after I stripped it clean.. :roll:

oh its real rust!! I made a solution with some copper wire dissolved in muratic acid then diluted it with water , put on 2 coats and in the morning it looked like that.. :mrgreen:

Thats so nice ! I like the more colorfull head badge paint also. Nice history lesson also. I almost threw a basket set like that away last week but now I think not.

WOW! I have really been slackin on this thread! :oops: I never even posted the forks...

this is still my favorite ride and the only one that gets to make beer runs. Here's the best form so far for riding in "pleasant Hill" (ya, hill is the operative word here)

IMG_20110811_195759.jpg

she gets the best parkin spot! right next to the server! :x

the springer is great, but at 300lbs I had to do some tire sizing so I didn't get curb rub on the front apron. :lol: the bars and low seat are great for stand up climbing and I got her some stripes and comfy pedals, so I didn't have to think twice about riding her..

IMG_20110811_195737.jpg

IMG_20110811_195830.jpg

the whole reason i pulled up this thread was to show off my new lights!! :mrgreen:

I hated the shiny ones, and even after I beat the crap outa the front one when I busted the forks , I still didn't like em. BUT!! thanks to the awesome crew here on RRB I scored the ultimate ratliner light set!!

IMG_20110811_195140.jpg

IMG_20110811_195207.jpg

oh yes! thats a fluorescent with a bar mounted cut switch to juice the start up cap off the generator!! ... but, of course I will be filling that tube with 7 alien green linstar LED's and 500 clean white lumens below... :mrgreen:

Back