Girder fork, Hmmmmmm, now what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Picked this up over the summer. I was told it was pulled from a AJS motorcycle. I'm guessing 1920's-1930's? Fits a 26" wheel perfect. I was going to use it on the current boardtracker project but the headtube on that bike is too tall, need a bike with a 7" tube to allow the linkage to work properly.

A local machine shop made the lower link piece for me, once I come up with a suitable frame I'll make a steerer tube for it.

DSCN0524-1.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

you were not kiding Hmmmmmm nice fork :!:

love to see how it work's and on a bike 8)

Hey Guys :!:

it will be nice to see closer photo shot's of those fork's :)

they realy look way different :!:

Thats pretty cool. Are the two sides fabbed like pans (flat sheet metal with a perimeter lip bent all the way around) ? If you could post some more pics that would be great. I've been designing this style fork in my head and I may try to build one.

Some closeups of that tandem fork would also be a help.

Thanks!

Did you use this cool fork on a build?

wow kingfish, you're dredging up an oldie. I cant believe it's been so long since I picked up that fork. Other than working up some conceptual sketches I haven't put the fork to good use. I have one pedal powered and one motorized sketch, maybe one rainy day I'll get around to some of my more involved builds but they will both be requiring a jig and some tubing bending. The shop is a bit cramped for space and while I have access to a friends machine shop the projects still remain just paper space...

Latest posts

Back