Girls Western Flyer.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
western_flyer_before.jpg

Before.

western_flyer1.jpg

After.
Fixed this one up and then gave it to a neighbor lady.

sweet

besutiful bicycle. could you tell me a little about the seat? I always liked those chain gaurds. You might want to put some chain tention bolts in that frame--it's kind of hard to find the right threds--has been for me in the past. I think it's more about the threds in the frame being a little''funky''.and of course the bolts lemselves are a very spesial little rig. I wonder if are repoduced anywere? Any way-love those old frames---they don't make ''em like that anymore!

If I recall that seat I came off a new Schwinn cruiser I bought at Target or somewhere like that a couple of years ago. I think it might have been this bike http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=594

I've got another bike that needs those chain tensioner bolts also. Never have pursued it very hard though.

those darn bolts

Thanks man, I knew that seat had a quality look to it. don't get a chance to visit schwinn shops, the local shop deals in diomondback and torker? not bad. Afeter market parts are a little limited.---About thos bolts,I have ''factured'' my oun. started out with a stainleess bolt of the proper thred--- or close, then run a tap in the frame and then machined the end of the bolt down for the little ''......'' that runs down to the axel. Sound like a pain in the but? Well some times it's worth it. If you dig that sort of thing. nice talking to you.

Back