Going nowhere

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been holding on to a bunch of bike frames and wanted to build a lightweight set of wheels for a Klunker build. I have a horrible time with colors in general let alone looking at therm on the computer. i bought these hubs and hoops thinking " oh they will be close enough in color once built you will not be able to tell. Next to the hoops the hubs look pink hahaha. I'm not spending any more $ on these so I will forge ahead. I got the front laced up and will work on the rear this week. I have the frames in storage and will get them in a few weeks when weather really has change for us. I have a 1950 Schwinn heavy weight cantilever and a '51 DX frame. I think I'm going with the DX. Well this is the start of it. Any comments positive ot negative are welcome.
IMG_3895.jpg
IMG_3896.jpg
IMG_3895.jpg
IMG_3900.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg

Well I got the rear all laced up. It is amazing this whole wheel weighs about the same as some of my rear hubs. I also realize there is no need for 26x2.125 tires on this bike so I will save some more weight there.Considering the DX frame I'm going to use weighs about as much as a subcompact car and I have pipe cleaner legs any reduction in weight is welcomed. I decided to call this build "Going Nowhere" because I currently have about 20 bikes and I'm in no hurry to finish this up as I'm trying to keep $ low and i'm still in need of a bunch of parts.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back