Good Day at the Dirt Mall!!56 Corvette + 55 Spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these two Betty's today at the local swap meet, been a long drought here in Central California, so I was pretty happy to scoop these up, fairly decent price on the Vette, and an absolutely awesome price on the "Spitty", funny thing the painted S-2s aren't correct for the Spitfire, but are in great conditon, and being as I like to hoard Schwinn parts I have a paint pair of S-7 just waiting to go on this bike. Merc is HAPPY hehehehehehehehe.
56Corvette55SpitFire003.jpg
56Corvette55SpitFire001.jpg

Merc, some of us older farts need bigger pictures. Lol. Which swap meet is this? I live in Lodi and need to hit some up in hopes of finding some good stuff.

I'm not sure s7's will fit on a balloon frame. (If that's what the Spitfire is) I know the middleweight fork is longer than the balloon fork and the wheels are taller. Let us know how they fit, would you? Gary

Sorry about the small photos I'll figure this out and post bigguns, yeah funny thing I went out and looked at the Spitty Frame today and LAB (low and behold) it is a balloon frame and fork, geez it just looked like to much air betwixt the tires and fenders.
I'm in Hanford, 40 miles south of Fresno, and even with my ear to the rail and knowing all the tiquers and tweekers, finding any good 40/50/60s bikes is a real chore.

Back