Good Day fron sunny England!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I have been looking at your site for a while now getting inspiration for a bike build, I joined a couple of days ago but instead of posting I got caught up looking at more pics of bikes.
Over here in England we dont have all the special shaped frames you all have in the 'states so I will probably have to make one from scratch which is a chore..
I have questions which i will post elsewhere..
Thanks, Clive...,

Welcome Clive,
there are a few frames knocking about that look the part. Have a look for old Halfords 'Apollo Retro' model bikes they're a cantilever style frame and can be modified into something like. I've used a couple and they're realtively cheap to buy and don't look half bad. You're right though we're starved of nice american bikes over here :(
Whereabout in Norfolk are you? I've got family there, although I live in decidedly rainy Cumbria :x

Cheers for the welcome,
I will have a look out for the Apollo, I did just buy a Pashley tuberider yeserday for the wheels, I thought I would ride it for a bit but my feet hit the front mudguard and I dont feel like I sit far enough back. I dont think I will cut it just yet though until I find some more frames with interesting bends..
I live in Horning Near Wroxham in Norfolk, I use a Raleigh small wheel (RSW mk2) to get to the pub abd back at the weekends I just want to add a bit of class to the style I already have :lol:

Anyway Chips, it has been sunny here for the last few weeks, it has just rained as well 8)

Tuberiders are nice (quite expensive though up here) they always remind me a little of the old WWII folding BSA parabike.
This was an apollo before it got new wheels, and tyres, crank chain guard etc etc. It needs a springer fork of some kind though I think...
15.jpg

I gave £120 for the tuberider, I only really want the wheels as they have hub brakes and a 3 speed, it does have a Brooks saddle and nice mudguards as well as a decent bottom bracket so not too bad.
I did find this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400317996817? ... 1423.l2649
on ebay which I guess is what you have got, I think with my wheels and a french chainguard and grifter handlebars I may be on to a good start although much more cash than our cousins have to part with or just going out and buying an Electra.

Cheers :wink:
The Apollo was one of these...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cruiser-bike- ... 2321c1aa21
Ground off all the brake cable lugs, got a nice bendix red stripe coaster hub (on here) and laced it into the back wheel and a few bits off other bikes and so on. It's still not quite finished... I keep meaning to find a nice set of forks for it and finish it off!
Sounds like a deal on the Pashley, nice one

If I come accross anything I'll give you a shout. My inlaws live just south of Norwich so get down there a bit. Although if you ask the ebay seller they might box it for you if you arrange collection. I did that with my Schwinn cruiser. I think it came to about £30 to have it picked up.

Greetings Clive from sunny North East England! I look forward to keeping up with you and your bikes!! We also have family in Norwich its self and as it happens my wife is going down for the day on Sunday with her Roller Derby team (Its a closed Bout tho' so no spectators.)
Keep in touch mate!

Latest posts

Back