Good From Afar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever. I'd say that my experiment was a success. I give you Wet Black
IMG_20210706_164014324.jpg
IMG_20210706_164045741.jpg
IMG_20210706_164132406.jpg

IMG_20210705_123359567.jpg

3 heavy coats of flat black. Sprayed too close in order to build up texture, on a damp humid day, almost raining the whole time. One hour between coats. Cured for 48 hours, then 2 heavy coats of clear gloss.
Does anyone know if putting oil based clear over enamel is a bad idea? Guess we'll have to find out. Anyhow, that's my accent color

Gonna see if I can sand down the fender later to fix the mess I made dropping it. It needed it anyway, the areas I ground down around the holes were too rough still. Unfortunately, all the stuff for that type of operation are sealed away in my biohazard basement. My house is like ET right now

That’s quite a curb find!
Uh huh, seemed too good to be true, so I knocked on the door to make sure I wasn't stealing some kid's bike. Mom said it was ok. Weird part is the kid rides a rat, tiny kid BMX with humongous saddle, apes... Why would he throw away all those parts? I'm still hesitant to rip it apart, I might stop him if I see him pedal by

I sure hope they solve that plumbing problem man! I can't even imagine how bad that is.

The carnage has stopped down there for now. Flooring, carpet removed (less than 5 years old). Gonna have to cut up the concrete underneath to replace the pipes, and the front yard all the way to the road too. Lots of recent landscaping undone. The previous owners were screwed by an unscrupulous plumber, and I'm stuck fixing the mess.

The carnage has stopped down there for now. Flooring, carpet removed (less than 5 years old). Gonna have to cut up the concrete underneath to replace the pipes, and the front yard all the way to the road too. Lots of recent landscaping undone. The previous owners were screwed by an unscrupulous plumber, and I'm stuck fixing the mess.

I'm feeling for you. The front of our cottage bulges out at the front as the result of bad plumbing work combined with someone's dumb decision to block the drain holes in the foundation.

Not cool. Feel for you Matti

So it goes...
Started a little bit of paint removal.
Before
IMG_20210709_101724079.jpg
IMG_20210709_101709265.jpg

Masked off the stickers in an attempt to preserve. Ask me how well it stood up to an angle grinder. Plan on smoothing out this mess a bit too
IMG_20210709_101728641.jpg

This weld is so ugly it makes me angry. I'm going to be cautious though, I don't want to weaken it. I doubt there is all that much penetration

Latest posts

Back