Goodbye friend, hello new friend.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day i was riding my cargo bike to work and somehow missed seeing a rather large pothole, well that pothole ripped my rear wheel out of the back of the bike lol So I really need a cargo bike and at the shop i asked my bud what we can do to get it working fast. He told me about one in the shop he works in, it was a very good deal, I got the whole bike for less then what the rear kit is going for, needs parts changed to suit my taste but it is new and was a great price.

It's sad to see you go friend, I will really miss this bike.
101_0011.jpg

However, this ones awesome and i love it lots lol
101_0010.jpg

It's a pretty awesome bike, I can't believe what they went for retail, some departmentstore bikes have better parts then some on here lol

That pothole was put there for a reason!

Nice new ride!

Joe

You got a Xtracycle Radish for cheaper than a rear wheel? I wish that bike shop was close to me.

That Radish is spec'd low but the parts are better than department store bikes. You will definitely like the flexibility of those bags.

Cheaper then the rear xtracycle kit not wheel but theres one stuck to it lol.
Guess it was a lucky pothole lol. The other one's rear triangle bent, when you have a heavy load and hit a big hole like that without magic you know thats gonna happen lol however I am repairing it, i love the bike and it is worth it to see it become ridable again and go to someone who will enjoy it, i may keep both though lol use the old one as the junk/brute hauler and new as anything depending on how i feel lol

That is still a great deal. I bought the Xtra-kit 4 years ago and it definitely has been well worth it. I have hauled kids, bikes, coolers, soccer goals, 100# of onions, and a desk to name a few. Plus it has served well on a couple of multiday tours.

Yeah i noticed these ride very well, I kinda wanna add more speeds to it though, it's a 8 speed, I/m gonna make some custom lights for it too, make it look more full, it looks abit lame right now lol, there is however a giant disk brake on back wheel that works very lovely, I have some pretty deor for front, It's sad it's winter though, soon as it snows more I wont be riding it lol

Yeah they are awesome in winter, I just don't wanna make it rusty and stuff right away. the purple one has studded tires, just gotta hammer some pieces back into place and it should be fine lol winter biking sure is fun though, I have a cow catcher that goes on the purple one. around here it's bothersome because in some places theres small piles of snow from plows, with that thing I just blow through them lol

cman said:
That is still a great deal. I bought the Xtra-kit 4 years ago and it definitely has been well worth it. I have hauled kids, bikes, coolers, soccer goals, 100# of onions, and a desk to name a few. Plus it has served well on a couple of multiday tours.

Sounds like me except I don't have the xtra kit I just have 3 kid hauling bike trailers that I can tow behind each other. I have hauled MANY bikes, scrap to and from the scrapyard, a fake fireplace heater, a couch loveseat and chair (That one took two loads), few mopeds, a large toolbox, car parts, you name it I've probably hauled it. Best investments I have ever made.

Here's just one of the trailers in action

P8100002.jpg

Useing trailers was where i first started, the problem I have where I live is the roads and curbs, i've dumped many things off trailers because of curbs lol or forgetting theres a wide trailer behind you and it gets stuck on a pole lol

Around here the sidewalks are pretty wide and we have bike lanes now so it's not that bad just got to be careful. I normally cruise alleys and back streets to avoid traffic.

Latest posts

Back