Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by a junk store today that had a Columbia Hi-Way Patrol bike.They were asking $200 for it.He said he thought it was a1950 or 51 model.Too rich for my blood,or did I walk away from a good deal?I would have to flip it fast if I bought it.

Photo0248.jpg
Photo0247.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

Depending on your area, you might have a tough time getting 200 for that, unless it cleans up really well. Cool bike though. -Adam

I thought it was too high.I had seen it outside this past summer when it was priced $250.At least the price is coming down.I will have to recover from Christmas before I buy anything. :D

Gosh you guys are cheap, why does everything have to be bargained on or no buy? That bikes worth way more than 200 in my opinion. That fork is worth 100 alone. Id be hard pressed to find one of those here for under 300. Doesn't look like much rust just a dusting and cleaning.

papawrandy said:
Drove by the same store 1 1/2 year later,the same bike is there.New price $125.Good price?

Didn't you buy it? :?

LarzBahrs said:
Gosh you guys are cheap, why does everything have to be bargained on or no buy? That bikes worth way more than 200 in my opinion. That fork is worth 100 alone. Id be hard pressed to find one of those here for under 300. Doesn't look like much rust just a dusting and cleaning.

Hey, only one guy said no buy. :mrgreen: Weather, population density, land use and planning, and cultural variance all effect the value of any commodity. A lot of east coast and midwest areas go from Death Valley summer to Alaska winter, and/or have geological features that are not conducive to riding a one speed bike for any distance. California eats fair weather vehicles for breakfast, whereas, other than some tech-prone commuters and hard core athletic types, we hicks stick 'em in the shed/garage 'til spring. :wink:

Back