Goodyear Highway Patrol cafe` racer:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up as a complete minus pedals, wheels and chain from my father in law. It sat for over 20 years as a scrap pile and I just had to save it. 80% of this bike is covered in rust NOT a problem with me. :)

I love cafe` racers, the styling just inspired me to create my own version using this bike. I had a few spare mountain bikes parts lying around so I started piecing together what "I" thought looked good. Started with a set of 26" wheels, newer Schwinn padded seat, gooseneck and bars. I'm desperately sourcing a nice 1-piece crank for this since the original is a skip tooth and I will not be using that set-up. Once i get one and install it I'll start tearing it down and blasting it before paint.

Undecided on tires, not sure if I want basic white walls or all black balloon tires. I also want a large circle headlight. :) Enjoy everyone, so far this build thankfully has cost me $0.00

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

Oh yeah!! Nice find..

Just installed a sealed 3-piece profile crank with 39t eastern sprocket. Need to purchase a chain breaker and install a chain then time for tear down and paint. Also looking into some 26x2.125 tires.

Thanks, I'm on the look out for a 26" wheel w/a coaster brake so I can ditch the multi gear set-up on this. I love this thing, it just makes a ton of noises but it's def sturdy man and it's awesome. I could not get this feeling riding a new bike ever!

...if it were mine, I wouldn't think about paintin it...cool bike.

leave it is perfect ive got some oil called strong arm penetrating oil that will stop the ryusting and preserve it its cool

Original gooseneck repaired and installed, BT wrapped, tank primed and headlight installed from a 70's Suzuki.

IMG_1989.jpg

Back