Got Air?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it's about time I started my own build thread instead of filling up Crusinfornia's thread with my info. I've decided to raise this build a notch by creating an air ride bike to match my air ride fiberglass buggy. As seen on the previously mentioned thread, here is a slightly modified rough Photoshop sketch. Please ignore some elements such as the floating jackshaft and spokeless rear wheel.
3rdstyle.jpg

As it's a 2-D sketch someone asked for more info about what it was going to look like, you will have to imagine elements from the next two pics. From the I-Ride Customs build I'm going to borrow the twin top tube idea, although it will only come to where the rear suspension attaches, plus the bottom of the frame will be similar to Sic Nic's air ride trike frame.
Iride.jpg

airridetrikeframe.jpg

Thanks! Yup, one friends crash is another's building materials. Actually I'm only 95% sure the 3" tire will fit but won't know until my spokes arrive sometime next week (hopefully). I'm itching to get building, although I do have several projects on the go, at least I'm never bored.

My custom length spokes arrived yesterday, so I built a couple of wheels: 24" x 65mm with 3" Kenda rubber, 3 leading, 3 trailing. The rear tire is very tight through the chainstays, but will work okay. The springer needs to be spaced about 1/4" wider on each side. At least now I can start building the frame.
sawzall.gif
weld2.gif

FrontWheel.jpg

RearWheel.jpg

I am planning to use a modified version of the Norco Variable Point Suspension pieces along with my own middle frame. This should ride very nice and smooth when finished and still layout for parking. You really considering putting a kickstand on yours? :?

This weekend I was working on my leather seat, it's ready to lace to the seat pan, but the pan needs a bit more work and a coat of paint. I am planning to start building frame this week. I have some pressing home repairs to do, but will buy some frame building materials possibly today after work. I need to space out my forks before I start as my fat front tire is rubbing the rear fork legs. Let the fun begin. :wink:

Just started to build my new ride .
Might be airide eventually ....time(can't weld in my store) and money tight with new bike shop i just opened
I'll make post when i get the chance

Back