Got it back after 40 + Years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
My wife bought this as a early B-day present for me , 1974 Stingray, just like the one that was stolen off my porch in 1975
Serial number start with HK would make it a Aug.74 paint is in Surprisenly good condition, with a soft and with out any cracks Schwinn studded rear tire , would have been nice if the seat was in better shape, but they are hardly ever in good condition and I'm not gonna Complain, I will most likely detail it the best I can and find a good spot wher I can enjoy it for years too come . Very happy.

This pic was from the og. Post , second pic I took .

00k0k_frtsDbLCzMt_600x450.jpg

20170304_135048.jpg

Happy early birthday! Cool score and present.

Thanx guys, I've been planning on building a bike like this for quite awhile but for some reason have never found the rite frame . Plus I get side tracked really easily.

Sweet!
Looks good man. Seems most of the yellow schwinns I find are really faded and chipped up. I did find one really nice 74 deluxe yellow a few years ago.
Congrats on your new time machine! Take a spin and relive 1974. :thumbsup:

Luckily the guy I got it from kept it in his parents garage, he said he bought it used at a shop 20 years ago and tryed his best to take care of it Odly enough he was 11 years old the same age I was when mine was stolen and glad he found someone who would appreciate it , who knew a simple bike like this would make me so happy ? I've had Krates ,fastbacks, and other deluxe models
This bike just takes me back.
Thanks for the nice comments guys
Even you Steve ! :acute:

Rafael

Fantastic, can't wait to see more of this bike.

Your wife did this on her own? Wow!

And to find a Stingray with original tires, without spending a fortune, that's cool too!

Last edited:
Your wife did this on her own? Wow!

And to find a Stingray with original tires, without spending a fortune, that's cool too!

No she didn't do it on her own , but she did nudge me to buy it , after hearing the story of my stolen Sting again then told me it was my post B day present, which I was totally fine with . and yes the tires are a really big plus
I've probably bought and sold 100 Stingrays
And never found one with the tires in such good condition, after taking another look at the rear one it reads Schwinn Stingray and not Studded like I thought before .

Rafael

Wouldn't it be nice if it was your original bike ??? :cry: Reunited after all these years???

Yes that would be kool indeed . I keep trying to recall how I got my original one in the first place as growing up with 9 siblings ther wasn't alot of opportunities to get new stuff like a bike , I thinkin one of my older brothers got it for me some how ? I kno it wasn't new that's for sure .

Rafael

Latest posts

Back