Got some old classic rock LP's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some old classic rock LP's yesterday, parents had them stored in the attic. I don't have a turntable, and I'm not sure I want to take a chance on spending money on some 30+ year old piece of audio equipment and have it need work.

Still though, there are some neat albums in the bunch.

001won.jpg

003lmf.jpg

If anyone would like to see a list of albums, in case a trade could be in the works, I can post one.

I've never had much luck with used turntables. Walmart and Target etc have those retro phonographs. I prefer to get the CD and play it through my 1959 Eico HF81 amp. It doesn't look impressive, but the sound is awesome through the Kliptsch loudspeakers. All thrift store finds. This photo isn't staged, this was just a coincidence with ELO, we keep a lot of records just for the album covers and this is what was out this month.

2u7lvra.jpg

I'll see if I can find a turntable, local via craigslst...I already have a vintage Marantz 2238b and 4 Sansui SP-2000's, so a turntable would fit right in.

Wildcat said:
I've never had much luck with used turntables. Walmart and Target etc have those retro phonographs. I prefer to get the CD and play it through my 1959 Eico HF81 amp. It doesn't look impressive, but the sound is awesome through the Kliptsch loudspeakers. All thrift store finds. This photo isn't staged, this was just a coincidence with ELO, we keep a lot of records just for the album covers and this is what was out this month.

2u7lvra.jpg

Nice setup! I would love an old tube amp for my turntable, but it just runs through a POS Pioneer receiver. Someday I'll find one cheap.

Very cool. My dad has a box of 50 LPs that I want. He even has a Eagles Hotel California unopened too. There is a nice DUAL Turntable too.

Back