Got some slicks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, not necessarily "finds" but the rims were, about 6 month's ago (CL $15) :lol:
Got some Jerald slicks in the mail, Merry Christmas to me
Put one 26" on the CL wheels , Shimano hub, AL rims :D
Thought I'd post some Big and Littles, Nice tires, racy compound
BigNLittles.jpg

Not sure how they'll all end up, building 2 cruisers for my wife :lol:
Thanks for looking

That looks sweet! 8) Never seen you do a build with fat tires! Looking forward to seeing these on a bike :mrgreen:

Thanks Guys
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That looks sweet! 8) Never seen you do a build with fat tires! Looking forward to seeing these on a bike :mrgreen:
Just realized my Typhoon (1.95") and my Spaceliner (1.77"rear, 1.1" front) weren't really fat :lol:
Almost want to go wider for my next project but but the Jerald 1.5" tread width can get shoe-horned into a frame easier

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice, I have a big & little setup on my Hawthorne. Looks great and rides nice.
Searched your posts a bit, found lots of Hawthorne hits but no fat-tired bike, Maybe you can post a link or pic

Thanks for looking

Hey Outskirt, Thanks for posting your bikes :D
What is the rear tire (black bike:under the fender)? It looks like a Kenda Kwest but never seen them that wide and round of profile
Guessing that a 1.5 Kwest in front (same as Mag Ray)

And MTB has a (mfr?) Road Star (looks like a Kenda 838)
I run fat tires in the summer with my MTB also, really like 1.95" Tioga City Slickers, roll really well (same on the Typhoon)
Have run City Slickers with 1.95 in rear (750g) and 1.25 (390g) in front, 66TPI and matching patterns
Put a Maxxis Hookworm on the back of my MTB for a kick, it was 1250 grams and didn't seem to roll well

Fell in love with the Jerald slick before I joined when I first saw it on Stripped and Teased
BTW: the 26" Jerald slick is about 26.5" overall diameter and 1200 grams, hoping they roll really well for that weight
Plan to put them on a multi-speed bikes...

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Outskirt, Thanks for posting your bikes :D
What is the rear tire (black bike:under the fender)? It looks like a Kenda Kwest but never seen them that wide and round of profile
Guessing that a 1.5 Kwest in front (same as Mag Ray)

Which black bike? I just realized I have 2 in that picture.

On the Schwinn Heavy Duty with black fenders they are stock Schwinn tractor tires.

The Hawthorne twin top tube with chrome fenders and the bobbed fender in back I have no idea, I got both used on bikes that I scored. The front came off of a junk full suspension bike that was run over, the back was on a Del Sol Hybrid bike. But they looked close enough in tread pattern and style so I used them. I'll look closer tomorrow and get back to you on that. Also if you look close you'll notice I had to flip the fender brace bolts for clearance. It was a tight squeeze.

Hey Outskirt,
outskirtscustoms said:
Which black bike? I just realized I have 2 in that picture.

The Hawthorne twin top tube with chrome fenders and the bobbed fender in back I have no idea, I got both used on bikes that I scored. The front came off of a junk full suspension bike that was run over, the back was on a Del Sol Hybrid bike. But they looked close enough in tread pattern and style so I used them. I'll look closer tomorrow and get back to you on that. Also if you look close you'll notice I had to flip the fender brace bolts for clearance. It was a tight squeeze.
Sorry, I should have been more specific, the bobbed, chromed-fendered Black bike. I didn't realize it was twin top tubes 8) What year is it? I really like these bikes. My wife has a Hawthorne tank bike (thinking mid 60s) that I was trying Big and Littles with fender (front fender from newer Trek), Kenda 838 (1.95") and Panaracer Primo 1". It's our only bike with a tank (so far) and a weird one at that;
Hawthorne1.jpg

Great idea about flipping the bolt (pointing upward with castle nut). Gives room and looks stylish. The clearance looks perfect.
Great reuse of supposedly junk bikes.

The small slick (in the first pic) is a Specialized Fat Boy 26X1.25. In all the excitement, forgot to post the other slicks
The 24" Jerald is 25" overall diameter and 990g, the 26" whitewall might be for my wife's Hawthorne tank bike (still a future project )
IMG_5105II.jpg

Why pay for multiple shipping charges when you can order 3 slicks at a time? (so goes the logic to my wife :lol: )
Thanks for looking

Latest posts

Back