Got these yesterday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I must be crazy! Went out and checked the Garage Sales yesterday in the goofy low 30's temps with my son. Don't usually buy anything but vintage bikes or Muscle bikes but we found these for a great price. Guess they are more Mountian than BMX as both of the 20" bikes have 6 speeds. I know nothing about what I got here, assuming they are Walmart specials but at $40 total for all 3 figured I could flip them for a few bucks. Oh and the 3rd bike is a 16", they are all complete have good tires and work well, just in need of a little lube and cleanup.

47f237b264188a91c1373d5e4036d02b.jpg

0346137afb6d761b098a1fc580b9a6e1.jpg

03af6606fcaa6415b9103ee61abb259b.jpg

We get piles of 12 & 16 & 18" bikes at the local coop. But never with training wheels.

The kid learns to ride, the parents remove the training wheels, the kid outgrows the bike, parents buy kid a bigger bike, parents donate/toss the old bike. But they never include the training wheels. It costs more to buy new training wheels than what you can sell the bike for. Oh well.

R

rickpaulos said:
We get piles of 12 & 16 & 18" bikes at the local coop. But never with training wheels.

The kid learns to ride, the parents remove the training wheels, the kid outgrows the bike, parents buy kid a bigger bike, parents donate/toss the old bike. But they never include the training wheels. It costs more to buy new training wheels than what you can sell the bike for. Oh well.

R

yearz said:
pos bikes......remove that 1!

Huh, What? I don't understand, please explain...
Maybe you don't like them, that's cool. Thought I would show them since I got them for cheap I thought, and maybe someone knows something about them. I normally collect old muscle bikes and vintage bikes but know little on these. Was gonna try to flip them locally but maybe I got ripped off, thought $40 for 3 bikes total was fair. Oh, well...

whatever he means ...LOL
u did fine on those for 40 bucks ...that mongoose in all workin order is worth atleast 40 bucks !!!
get everything workin on the others n u should make a little profit
if u dont have 2 put money into the other 2 u could just find a couple needy kids and let them have em !!!

You did good for 40, I'd have brought those home fo rthat, look real clean .

I'd be swapping the black cranks from the next onto the goose, then using the silver next wheels and chrome-ish crank to build a modern resto-mod-rat musclebike :)

Should get your monies doubled on those, they's bring 30 each around here easy.

As for training wheels- we never had em, so who needs em .... my niece is 10 and can not ride without hers, her friends laught at her, I pick on her, but her mom says they stay. her dad says take em off and push her down a hill, she'll learn quick, lol.

There are some folks that don't feel that big box store bikes have a place. Like another member said, clean em up and make them safe to ride. Flip the Goose to re-coup your monies and then donate the others to less fortunate families who otherwise might not have bikes for their kids. Can't put a price on good karma.

Latest posts

Back