Got to love trash day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this one too day leaving work had my eye on it for awhile it has been chained up to a porch for the longest time and the land loard was doing some cleaning and was going to throw it a way so needless to say I had to save it it's a march of 65 collegiate never seen one in violet 5 speed all the components are from France might just make a fast back out of it who knows
bf543824.jpg

d4262466.jpg

62c95077.jpg

I don't even go for the collegiate's but I would be all over a violet one. That is sweet. I love how it has the rear wheel lock. hopefully it came with the key.Also is the lock a Schwinn approved? If so I would be interested it it. Once again, killer find.
-Kreep-

No it's not a schwinn one it made in china but it dose work and got the key I heard that 65 and 66 are the only years thay made them in volet too but I'm not sure heres a pick with some diffrent bars and the seat i had to switch the pans it's cool that all I had to do to it was just add air it a really smooth ride and it shifts like a dream and thanks every one for the comments this is what the seatpan looked like
c4affbea.jpg

And the diffrent bars
e345745a.jpg

c0fabdbb.jpg

ratina said:
Violet on a mens bike is extremely rare. I've only seen 1 or 2. They go for a good buck, yours is in really nice shape too.

I had a purple stingray in the early 60's that I got for Christmas brand new! 2 speed kickback. Rode the heck out of it! I'd sure like to find another one! But, you are right you don't see many purple mens/boys bikes.
8)

Re: Got to love trash day( new picks)

af15c86c.jpg

1292c603.jpg

a1e10869.jpg

Had that cobra head shift knob laying around thought it looked good with all the Crome

There's a purple '66 that's been on my local craigslist for a while at 100$.. I'm surprised it hasn't gone yet. I'm still tossing around picking it up myself for a commuter.. though it's missing the purple saddle and chainguard.

Latest posts

Back