Grabbing a Picture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe everybody knows how to do this , but in case.
Go to a picture posted somewhere online that you want to post here.
Right click on it and then click... copy image address.
Then go to where you want to post the picture and click... Paste.
It will put the address in your post, but still won't work.
In front of that line add...

It will now show up on your post.

Or you can right click on an image and then choose Properties then copy the Address URL info and paste it the same way

file.php

Sometimes this doesn't work because sites will block it. It's called hotlink protection. I do this on my websites but allow it for sites like this where I participate.

Uncle Stretch said:
Maybe everybody knows how to do this , but in case.
Go to a picture posted somewhere online that you want to post here.
Right click on it and then click... copy image address.
Then go to where you want to post the picture and click... Paste.
It will put the address in your post, but still won't work.
In front of that line add...

It will now show up on your post.

Instead of having to add stuff after you paste, first click that button in the tool bar that reads 'Img' and then paste. Done!

Ok you got me on that one. I don't have one that just says image. I have a copy image , but it
gives you that line that doesn't work without the image part. Maybe a Mac is different. :shock:
I don't have one that says properties either.

I'm referring to the tool bar just above where you post. Go to the Quote button, turn right and you'll find it!

You can also use a keyboard short-cut to paste that makes it easier. After you click the Img button then hold the apple key down and then V (ctrl-V for PC).

I hope that makes sense.
724wd said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Maybe a Mac is different.

not different... BETTER :mrgreen:

x-2 :D

The Renaissance Man said:
I'm referring to the tool bar just above where you post. Go to the Quote button, turn right and you'll find it!

You can also use a keyboard short-cut to paste that makes it easier. After you click the Img button then hold the apple key down and then V (ctrl-V for PC).

I hope that makes sense.
724wd said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Maybe a Mac is different.

not different... BETTER :mrgreen:

x-2 :D

...but a PC with Linux is BEST. :mrgreen:

...but a PC with Linux is BEST. :mrgreen:[/quote]
Jimmy, I had Linux for the last 3 years, and loved it. But let my buddy load Linux Mint , and now the computer is acting bad. Its back at the hospital....... Not sure why. Mint was supposed to be everything great. I havent been able to load GoPro vids for 3 weeks now. Withdraw!!!

cman said:
Generally you should also provide a link to the website where you copied the image from so you aren't infringing on their ownership. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
Yes good etiquette to do this.

Warning and I've seen it happen... Whoever is hosting the photo you're grabbing can get fed up with people using it without permission and can change the photo to something improper and it'll show up here. If you're lucky it can just be a graphic saying "quit stealing photos/bandwith" etc... or it could be a picture of something vulgar.

Hope that made sense.

Latest posts

Back