Graphics reattachment

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a bike rideable. No full restoration or anything. Has anyone found an adhesive for reattaching the edges of printed on clear graphics like these?
1000001482.jpg

I was going to suggest 3M Super 77, but I'm not so sure it will dry completely colorless. One of the only adhesives I can think of that will dry absolutely crystal clear is that stuff used to fix windshield chips. It cures under UV light.

I'm familiar with the 3M spray, used it in graphic design projects when I was in that field. It's extremely sticky stuff, if you use it, I would recommend spraying elsewhere and applying with a brush, or some really good masking. The overspray would be a bad mess.
I looked into it, found some information...
"The photo-safe spray formula is easy to dispense and apply directly onto surfaces and materials where needed, with no soak-in or yellowing over time."
However, that was from the cylinder spray* page, no mention of yellowing on the aerosol can page. Although none of my opaque paper projects have yellowed with age (at least twenty years old), I can't guarantee it wouldn't show under a clear decal. I might be overthinking this, it says "dries quickly and clear" right on the can...

download.jpeg

https://www.3mcanada.ca/3M/en_CA/p/d/b40071862/

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000169043/

*HOLY COW YOU CAN GET SUPER 77 IN A 30 POUND CAN?!!
w563xvce6f3c1.jpg

Back in my photo lab days we used 77 to mount large prints to gator board. It sticks very well but it's not without some 'thickness'.
Thanks. BTW, when you started posting I had never heard of the term one eyed sailor before. I googled it and learned it was what is in your Avatar now. My mom made them and called them eggs in a hat.

Back