GREAT 2 DAYS IN KANSAS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feels good to be back in kansas after 3 long weeks in iowa

THEN i hooked up with my buddy dan over in kc,ks and i traded him some 26" rims and tires for these...

428724_262494453822461_100001857244124_625644_1502893253_n.jpg

and
423992_262494317155808_100001857244124_625641_940734204_n.jpg

i also bought this prewar klunker from him its a monark

429580_262494483822458_100001857244124_625645_1725996152_n.jpg

I've never seen a Monark like that. It looks to me like a Dayton. Monarks have single tube connections between the seat tube and seat stays and chain stays. Great looking bike - whatever it is.

Crassly said:
I've never seen a Monark like that. It looks to me like a Dayton. Monarks have single tube connections between the seat tube and seat stays and chain stays. Great looking bike - whatever it is.

the headbadge says its a monark...he bought it the way it sits he 2 was told it was a monark... ive never heard of dayton any info on them?

Nice pickings. That Fair lady looks clean. It's like a smaller version of the Hollywood I built for my fiance.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48412

P8050001.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice pickings. That Fair lady looks clean. It's like a smaller version of the Hollywood I built for my fiance.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48412

yes it is very clean, its all og the only things mising is what you dont see in the picture, BUT i have all that stuff in parts i just have to find them clean them and install. it even has a slik on the back. the seat is even og. nice bike btw i seen the build thread for it a while back

"The Huffman Manufacturing Company began making bicycles in 1934 and continues to this day. The most sought after collectible examples were made in the mid to late 1930′s. Many people confuse the Huffman brand name “Dayton” as the manufacturer. “Dayton” never made any bikes, but Huffman did make Daytons, among many other brands. Like many makers, their bicycles were branded for sale in numerous department and hardware stores. Names such as La France, National, Air Flyte, and Zephyr were used. In 1953 the “Huffy” brand name was created."

Crassly said:
"The Huffman Manufacturing Company began making bicycles in 1934 and continues to this day. The most sought after collectible examples were made in the mid to late 1930′s. Many people confuse the Huffman brand name “Dayton” as the manufacturer. “Dayton” never made any bikes, but Huffman did make Daytons, among many other brands. Like many makers, their bicycles were branded for sale in numerous department and hardware stores. Names such as La France, National, Air Flyte, and Zephyr were used. In 1953 the “Huffy” brand name was created."

Makes sense 8)

don't know much about it If it ain't a schwinn I picked it up from a dude in k.C. that has a lot of really cool cruisers, he got it on trade I picked it and a couple of old J.C. higgins made a clunker out of it and sold it to Brian. I just assumed it was a Monarc cause thats what the head badge said it was. But it sure is a cool ride......

Crassly said:

I've seen more than a few Huffy built Monarks. So I would say that is what you have. :wink:

Thanks for that info. Either way.if it is or isn't a monark I still love it. Thanks again dan

Back