Great week *just gettin better*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
well I stumbled on another great find i think. Not sure of the year and the front wheel is not correct to the bike. I was happy to help them get there shed cleaned out anyhow!
from what I can make out--- Model# 3306 serial# A9855820 not sure of how to find the exact year or exactly what all is missing on this one.

IMG-20120618-00868.jpg

IMG-20120618-00869.jpg

IMG-20120618-00867.jpg

Re: Great week

Well the week keeps on giving!! The guy that I bought the first monark from called to tell me he had another I could buy. I quickly ran back out and snatched it up. I got it home and could not wait to polish up a few areas just to see what was hiding under the rust. I am going to love this bike after polishing the entire thing. I did a few areas and spent about 10 mins. doing the reveal.

Unfortunatly the guy informed me that he had a barn full of "junk" bikes a month ago and his wife made him take them to the scrap yard. He found these in another shed and his son listed them on CL to be used as yard art for some "artsy lady" he says. Well if that makes me an "artsy lady", i will be that guy!!!

IMG-20120620-00877.jpg

IMG-20120620-00878.jpg

IMG-20120620-00884.jpg

IMG-20120620-00886.jpg

IMG-20120620-00888.jpg

IMG-20120620-00889.jpg

That was bad to hear. I did stand around and talk with him awhile and offered to help him out with some 16 inch wheels he needed for a cart. Maybe that will keep my face stuck in his brain for any farm buddies he has that may be tossing "junk bikes". All in all a very nice guy, he just had no idea that some nut would love his old junk so much!

You could ask him if he wouldn't mind calling around to his friends to see if they've got anything they want to clear out. Provided you have the scratch and room to collect it all. It could be a "careful what you wish for" event. But I'm thinking it could benefit us all if you, or anyone, could "flood" our market with cheap parts.

Farmers are generally great guys. I inherited a 1944 Farmall 'H' that I've been trying to restore for a few years (no funds and no time), but every one of them I've met has been nice, and quite a few of them have helped with parts, time, and whatever. It's currently being stored in a local barn since my garage needed to be opened up. (Wife threatened, and he answered the plea)

Latest posts

Back