Great Weekend!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I picked these 3 up at Junkfest a couple weeks ago but haven't had the time to get pictures uploaded till now.

When we first got there I saw this sitting in the back of someones truck and I looked all over the place for whoever owned and couldn't find anyone. Then finally I saw a guy walk over and put something in the truck so I asked if they were his and if they were for sale. He says yes, $180 for the Schwinn and $150 for the other one.. (just a murray beachcomber or something..). Well I didn't have the much money on me at the moment so I gave him one of my cards and told him to call me later in the weekend when I could get more money..

8188967015_7860d8f2d0_z.jpg

So anyways time goes on, he leaves and I start walking around and meet up with a friend of mine named Dean. Really awesome guy, I've bought 3 or 4 bikes from him before and he says he has some for $10. Just for me since I'm a returning customer. Awesome. Also he sold me 20 brand new schwinn self-sealing tubes, still in the box for $10
Bought this old girls bike from him and a little boys convertible bike for $15 for both.

8188968751_a2803aa2cf_z.jpg

Roadmaster? Kind of looks like the sweetheart sprocket..
8190052818_ca1f13166d_z.jpg

Check out this awesome tire that was on it. Never seen a Kelly Springfield bike tire. Are they rare? I put a new tube in it and it holds air and rides like a dream..
8190055432_a8fd91caf1_z.jpg

And here is the little convertible bike. It's a Western Flyer "MX". Solid rubber tires, cool seat. Definitely worth $5.
8189012935_dceb6a4135_z.jpg

Then I get a call from the guy with the schwinn. Say's he going back home but he bought a lot of stuff and doesn't have room in his truck to hold the bike. He told me that since I was interested in the bike and I would truly appreciate that he would let it go for $100. So I rushed to pick up the bike from him and we started talking about it. Turns out that he is the original owner! He bought the bike brand new in the 60's and rode it to and from work everyday until he got a car and then parked it inside and it's been there ever since. Completely original down to the tires, the only thing it's missing is the front headlight and I think the teardrop reflector? Not sure. Tires hold air, rides perfect. Better than any of my new bikes.

8188973797_17abab988b_z.jpg

8190056800_c5d3600932_z.jpg

I think the serial number makes it from 1963? Somebody can double check on that but I'm not sure
8190058000_5dbb272a00_z.jpg

Real awesome find, I'm not sure about the tire but I have a Kelly tire that doesn't look rideable but I believe it said sure stop on it and I hope someone can give you some info on your tire.

I know about those Murray Beach Comber bikes, I like them and they are nice 6 speed beach cruisers.

The Fleet didn't have the big reflector, only chrome fendered deluxe bikes like Corvette, Jaguar, and Debutante, though not the Deluxe American. Headlight would be fender mounted, with the big S on top. -Adam

Latest posts

Back