green hornet and rat trap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For years I been telling the kids I would build them some rat bikes. Wanted something more radical than their bmxs , mountain bikes, and cruisers. So not wanting to break the bank I bought a cheap flux core welder and auto darkening helmet. I found out one thing real fast. A welder I am not. I stuck with it and managed to build three bikes this summer. Here are two of them. My son named one green hornet and the other I named rat trap. The green one is actually rear section, front end , and wheels from a 1980s murray or huffy girls cruiser. Would anyone know if murray and huffy were actually the same company back then? Some models of both look very similar. Anyway the rat traps rear is of a late model Schwinn mountain bike and front end from Schwinn occ chopper. Hope you like. [URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jkmm149majicrat/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0037_zps93e23456.jpg.html] [/URL]

Green one is on 26s. For some reason I rarely ever come across 24in bikes I can take wheels and parts from. Glad you like them.

Back