Greetings from Helsinki! (Finland)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I am 35 years old from Helsinki, Finland building, collecting, restoring and riding mainly old school BMX bikes and vintage skateboards. I stumbled upon here by accident on my search for parts and reference for my upcoming first ratty-type vintage build, specificly a late 60's to early 70's Jupiter brand youth bike which were very popular/common here in Finland all those years ago. Right now the bike's dismantled with most parts cleaned up and polished waiting for a fresh paint. There is still a lot to do but hoping to complete the project by summer.
Here's the bike and how i got it. I am going to keep the rough motocross-inspired looks by the previous owner, just with few modifications, parts changes and new paint/theme. For the record the original colour under the black paint on the seat is blue.
test008copy.jpg

At first glance i absolutely love the custom approach and the overall freedom of artistic expression here on this site. The Jupiter will be my first non-BMX build/restoration so i am new to most of it and excited to spend time, see bikes and share ideas. Generally speaking, learn more. Thanks for your time.

Best,

-Timo

welcome that bikes is the bees knees :D

WELCOME!

Back