Greetings from Leonardtown, Maryland.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

I just recently "surfed" in while doing searches for my rekindled interest in cycling. I'm 53 and a father of two. I have always owned a bike, but haven't been riding as much as I should. That all changed in July 2010 when on a trip to San Diego I got an eye full of Cruisers on the walk at Mission Beach. Two weeks later my wife buys a 1955 Columbia Built at a church auction to use as decoration in her flower garden. I intervened, and had the bike sand blasted and powder coated. Many new parts and a lot less money later, I've got myself quite the conversation piece. My latest project is a tandem. After that, who knows...a customized rat-rod for sure. Maybe a motorized, and a "Rusty Bike" will follow. I drive my wife nuts!

TommyTwoTime said:
Maybe you should buy her a girls bike for the garden. Nice save did you take any before and afters?

Actually, the one I saved IS a girls bike. She will be riding it when my "plan" for my next bike comes together. You can see it here.

http://planetoftheteeshirts.weebly.com/1955-columbia-built-three-star-deluxe-bicycle.html

By the way, I'm pretty new to all of this. Had I known, I would have sought out something else to revive. No harm, we like the Columbia a lot just the same.

Latest posts

Back