Greetings from Manila!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys! Joe from Manila, Philippines here! I have been checking out all the sweet bikes in here for a while and that led to my first build and I can't wait to start on my next one. I'm not much of a gear-talk guy nor have preferences for brands, as long as it will serve it's purpose I'm down with it. Like most of you I have been riding bikes since I was a kid I have tons of scars on my knees, shins, elbows to prove it :) My renewed interest in bikes started about a year ago and I have been hooked ever since. I am a graphic designer by profession http://www.i-m.co/designsbyconde/home/ and I also play the bass guitar for a stoner/psychedelic/space rock band. I'm glad to be part of this community :)

You will fit in perfectly! There are quite a few of us graphic artists and musicians here.:)

The annual build-off starts May 1st. You might like to start your next bike then and join in the fun!

That is awesome, this place only gets better! I will probably do some planning and hopefully will be able to join the build-off. Thanks for welcoming me!

Welcome aboard! I moved to Subic for good this January, and I've been riding a bike here everyday. Can't beat it. I usually ride from Subic to Barretto and back.

oh yes...Subic Bay...I spend quite a bit of time there when I was in the Navy in 1974-78. Quite the learning experience for a young guy. Loved the Texas Bar. :) We use to take a Jeep-me ride out to a little town out in the country..that was a great place to party. Can't think of the name of that town. It was just good to get out of the craziness of Subic Bay. I could tell some stories...:)

oh yes...Subic Bay...I spend quite a bit of time there when I was in the Navy in 1974-78. Quite the learning experience for a young guy. Loved the Texas Bar. :) We use to take a Jeep-me ride out to a little town out in the country..that was a great place to party. Can't think of the name of that town. It was just good to get out of the craziness of Subic Bay. I could tell some stories...:)

Oh I bet it was a crazy time. I have heard some amazing stories when the naval bases were still active. Me and my wife were there last March for our 17th year anniversary and we made the rounds in the bars. It was wild but I'm quite sure not 1970's wild! We even saw a karaoke/massage bar but didn't go in, I wonder how that works? hahaha :)

That's nice to hear, yeah Subic is definitely a great city to ride. One of the most bike-friendly :)
Yes, a lot of traffic, buses, big trucks, jeepneys, motorcycles and trikes. But everyone is paying attention and the horns tell you how big the vehicle is. A lot of honking, but it's friendly honking. For those that were in this area years ago, Olongapo is completely different from the days of the Navy. Few bars, mostly local kareoke bars. Barrio Barretto is the closest thing to the old days, and it's tame. Subic city was the wildest back then, but nothing like that now. I enjoy living here, tropical island and people have a good attitude here.

jz74m0.jpg

Yes, a lot of traffic, buses, big trucks, jeepneys, motorcycles and trikes. But everyone is paying attention and the horns tell you how big the vehicle is. A lot of honking, but it's friendly honking. For those that were in this area years ago, Olongapo is completely different from the days of the Navy. Few bars, mostly local kareoke bars. Barrio Barretto is the closest thing to the old days, and it's tame. Subic city was the wildest back then, but nothing like that now. I enjoy living here, tropical island and people have a good attitude here.

jz74m0.jpg
You are very lucky to live in an awesome city. All the modern things you need, a stone's throw away from the beautiful beaches and a 30 minute drive to island hopping in Zambales! Heck I wanna live there! "Home of the most beautiful women in the world?" I'm there dude! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back