Grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i VERY CAREFULLY
slide a screw driver in the grip little by little and as i go spray some wd 40 under it and work the screw driver around and keep sprayin wd 40 then take the screw driver out and twist n pull till it brakes free
but CAREFULLY slide the screwdriver in

no fatalities yet but that could change :wink:

I soak the grip/bar end in HOT water for a while to soften it up,then push it off without gripping it and making it tighter.

Got them off, thanks to some WD-40 a screwdriver,cresent wrench and a hammer. Thanks so much for the tips!

Have an air-compressor? I put my thumb over one grip's end (hole) and put the nozzle (the cone-shaped-little blow-off-one) in the other. One, or the other, shoots off. Then you use the flat of your palm on the open end of the bars , instead of your thumb, and the other grip eventually shoots off. No rips, no tears and no stabbing yourself in an appendage with an otherwise blunt instrument (screw-driver, allen key, ice-pick, scratch-awl, etc..). Like I HAVE done...at least, once or twice, before. Got the whole scheme from my old LBS.. God bless them. So do my hands.

Back