GROCERY GETTER ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of my 37-38 Roadmaster Cycle Truck built by The Cleveland Welding Co. This bike was found abandoned and left for dead on a farm in western KS. Every moving part was rusted solid and had to be heated for disassembly. The large basket was smashed and not useable but I got lucky and found a similar one at a farm auction. I have reconditioned the bike and can now ride it. I chose to leave the original rusted patina as I think it fits the bike and looks pretty good. The bike draws a lot of attention when I have it out as most people have never seen one before. Bikes like this were used by grocery stores, hardware stores and auto parts stores for home delivery. I am still missing the front stand and plan to recover the seat. This is my first time trying to post pics so I hope it works out...

CT-1.jpg

CT-2.jpg

CT-8.jpg

i wonder if its got any space to hold things i mean its only got a basket and a rear rack :mrgreen:

Me too!

But I'll have to move to the midwest where all these great bikes fall out of trees.

Sweet. I think you made the right decision leaving the original patina. Looks like a display piece. Awesome.

had to go to my shead and look ??
yours must be brother to mine?
it came from western ks also!
now it lives in wichita ks !
have seen 2 other here in town
mine is missing the drop stand and hold up clip
cool bike

Back