Ground location

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i figured out why my bike radio isnt working would making the frame the ground instead of the radio to negative help it get FM signals?

What are you using for an antenna? An FM radio, unlike an AM radio, needs an external antenna. Smaller portable FM radios usually have a pull-out whip antenna, the larger ones have a connection on the back for the antenna. A separate FM antenna should have 2 leads that attach to screws on the back. One + and one -. Get a folded dipole antenna, they come with many FM radios. Gary

B607 said:
What are you using for an antenna? An FM radio, unlike an AM radio, needs an external antenna. Smaller portable FM radios usually have a pull-out whip antenna, the larger ones have a connection on the back for the antenna. A separate FM antenna should have 2 leads that attach to screws on the back. One + and one -. Get a folded dipole antenna, they come with many FM radios. Gary
yeah this one just has a cable sticking out one wire no leads but the radio ground is direct on the battery

Highridah grounding to frame to - on battery will prob do the trick the antenna needs a ground plane, to develope a signal across. The radio needs ground - too for power. More importantly get that sucker running by
next Sat. For the Chicago Monthly Ride! Whats the play list?

dont have one set might not ride if the weather is foul or below 50 i cant afford to have my bronchitis kick up a notch

Back