GT Performer pitbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWC

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was getting a ride to the MAX today and saw a pile of bikes in someones yard and took about a mile or two for my brain to place the cheesegrater sprocket and I had my buddy turn around so I could knock on the door and talk to the owner of said pile and she said five bucks and I almost pooped my pants. I loked in my wallet and all I had was a twenty so I gave her that and said I dont have change and I was walking away with my prize when she said wait this is too much let me give you change! (she could kept the $20 for all I cared but she insisted )

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice! I didn't know they made a 16" version.
same here until I got one, just gotta find a rear mag or a set for it and some other little bits. Now Im fighting to keep or sell when its done lol

awesome find !!! im sure you know white or black skyway tuffs are f/s new on ebay for $90, a lot of cost for a little bike but worth it for if its a keeper imo

CCR said:
awesome find !!! im sure you know white or black skyway tuffs are f/s new on ebay for $90, a lot of cost for a little bike but worth it for if its a keeper imo
I'm thinking of going all out, powder coating everything and new decals new mags with sealed bearings caliper brakes the whole nine yards lol

heyslugger said:
DIBS hahahahaaah Just kidding! You gonna ride that into town?
you know I plan on riding it as soon as I can get a wheel for it!

And here it is now

A buddy of mine has one locally. I would say DO NOT PAINT or POWEDERCOAT. The decals will then be reproductions, the paint will never be original. Just buy the small parts needed and keep it, or sell it to a freestyle guy who will appreciate it for just as it is. The wheel can be found and in the same shape. Grips can be found but it takes time to find items with the correct patina to match.
If you are going to sell it I would buy it but "pretty penny" is relative. My buddy paid $200 for one in nicer shape at a bike swap meet. I think that is a pretty good gauge. They are pretty tough to find and there are some guys who have had 26" and 24" custom ones built to match their 20", so I bet this would fall in line with having every size.

Sweet score.!!!
I just got one handed to me for $free.99.. Rough but its a Jr GT Performer..Frame only but its a start.. If your ever interested in selling the orphan front mag let me know cuz I need parts for this thing.. Building it for my grandson thats going to be born in November..

Hold the tears but this is what was given to me.. Jr GT Performer.. If anyone has parts please send me a PM regarding what you have and what your asking for them.. I will make this little guy live again.. Oh yes I will.!!!

That's the plan on this little build MIGZ..
There's people that see it as why would your waste your time on something so beat up and I say "Why not".!!
It's going to be a challenge but that's why we are here to save them. No different than a car or a motorcycle or anything that we like to restore before it gets thrown to the dump..

Can you post a close up shot of the front forks Please.. I need to see what they look like if I ever run into a set..

Back