Had to post...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
409594_4243816694538_619035031_n.jpg

That is awesome. And one reason I love old cars, that and new cars to me have no style (With a select few exceptions) I mean what happened to chrome? Not this chrome painted plastic but REAL chrome. Wing windows? Stainless trim? Suicide doors? White wall tires? Fender skirts? I was born in the 80's and times have changed a lot just since I was a kid. I remember when you could ride in the back of a pickup truck, now days you have to be inside and buckled in. :roll: I wish I would have been a 50's kid. The cars of my generation STINK and they are only getting worse.

Peatbog said:
This is an automobile:

hppp_0711_01_z+1964_pontiac_catalina+front.jpg

Stop being so "politically correct". They're called CIGARETTE windows. :p

First car I bought was a 64 hardtop, and i learned to drive in my parent's 63 and 64 wagons. My current Roadmaster drives like a real car, doesn't need yearly tune ups, has better brakes, and I'd trade it for a dirty scratched up old Catalina in a heart-beat.

Peatbog said:
outskirtscustoms said:
That is awesome. And one reason I love old cars, that and new cars to me have no style (With a select few exceptions) I mean what happened to chrome? Not this chrome painted plastic but REAL chrome. Wing windows? Stainless trim? Suicide doors? White wall tires? Fender skirts? I was born in the 80's and times have changed a lot just since I was a kid. I remember when you could ride in the back of a pickup truck, now days you have to be inside and buckled in. :roll: I wish I would have been a 50's kid. The cars of my generation STINK and they are only getting worse.

Yep, wing windows. I loved wing windows. And those vents down in the kick panels on cars. And chrome bumpers. And stacked headlights. And bench seats.

This is an automobile:

This is a car:

tirekicker.blogspot.com2012-Chevrolet-Cruze-ECO-front.jpg

The difference is obvious. I spit on new cars...patooie
The first car I ever drove was a '64 Gran Prix 389-3X2bbl dk brown with 8 lug wheels in about 1982. Power brakes about put the owner through the windshield. :lol:

Peatbog said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Yep, wing windows. I loved wing windows. And those vents down in the kick panels on cars. And chrome bumpers. And stacked headlights. And bench seats.

This is an automobile:

This is a car:

tirekicker.blogspot.com2012-Chevrolet-Cruze-ECO-front.jpg

The difference is obvious. I spit on new cars...patooie

To me that's not even a car, it's a golf cart with a beefed up motor and doors.

Back