Hailing from the Commonwealth (VA)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Name is Jason. I'm rolling in from Central VA. Been lurking the forums here for the few past weeks checking out bikes and builds. Funny enough I'm into VWs as well. Anywho.. got into this whole thing thanks to my brother Nelson (nelvolks) and our friend Justin (yoothgeye). I think the one thing that really got me interested was Downbike's air ride cruisers. After starting at their videos and pictures for like a week straight. I originally had the synopsis that I was gonna just hack up my own cruiser and mod with air, etc. Well for now the air isnt gonna be on but the bike wont be anything short of rat. I'm actually on the way to go check out a bike today, from what the ad says its a Catalian 6spd cruiser. I've also found an old rusted up AMF Roadmaster I wanted to get my hands on if I can get the spare $$$.

But i guess a little about me. I'm working on my degree as an Industrial Design more focusing on product design. Mostly modding my VW but I'm always dipping my hands into other stuff like r/c's, airsoft, and now cruisers. Hoping I can get some good knowledge from this site along with giving some as well.

thanks bro.. the 6spd was sold but i called about the AMF Roadmaster.. guy still has it.. just with this huge storm going on.. i wont be able to go look at it today.. kind of sucks

vwnthusiast said:
Hey everyone. Name is Jason. I'm rolling in from Central VA. Been lurking the forums here for the few past weeks checking out bikes and builds. Funny enough I'm into VWs as well. Anywho.. got into this whole thing thanks to my brother Nelson (nelvolks) and our friend Justin (yoothgeye). I think the one thing that really got me interested was Downbike's air ride cruisers. After starting at their videos and pictures for like a week straight. I originally had the synopsis that I was gonna just hack up my own cruiser and mod with air, etc. Well for now the air isnt gonna be on but the bike wont be anything short of rat. I'm actually on the way to go check out a bike today, from what the ad says its a Catalian 6spd cruiser. I've also found an old rusted up AMF Roadmaster I wanted to get my hands on if I can get the spare $$$.

But i guess a little about me. I'm working on my degree as an Industrial Design more focusing on product design. Mostly modding my VW but I'm always dipping my hands into other stuff like r/c's, airsoft, and now cruisers. Hoping I can get some good knowledge from this site along with giving some as well.

don't give up!!! you can make your own air ride bike! believe in yourself homie!!
007-6.jpg

hey man, I saw your build and videos on youtube. Stellar bike man. I won't be doin air ride before school but it def is in there as far as future plans.

That's a sweet ride man. I'm more into the aircooled, I've got a 65 beetle ongoing project/daily driver.
Needs a bike on the rack :D

Dude, welcome to the forum and NICE JOLF! To the non-VDUB heads that's a Golf with a Jetta front clip. Love it bro'.
I've got an '02 GTI right now. It's stock w/a Borla exhaust, nuthin' special, just fun as, well you know, to drive!

Good to have you here.
Cheers!
Dr. T

Diabolical_Dork said:
That's a sweet ride man. I'm more into the aircooled, I've got a 65 beetle ongoing project/daily driver.
Needs a bike on the rack :D
i have a Thule bike rack that we're gonna integrate with the basket.. if not the basket takes 2 seconds to come off 8)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Dude, welcome to the forum and NICE JOLF! To the non-VDUB heads that's a Golf with a Jetta front clip. Love it bro'.
I've got an '02 GTI right now. It's stock w/a Borla exhaust, nuthin' special, just fun as, well you know, to drive!

Good to have you here.
Cheers!
Dr. T

thanks man.. 1.8t or VR

Wait... when did you get here? I'm staring at that rusty AMF Rodmaster right now, kinda afraid to do anything with it, but if parts keep falling in my lap... yesterday on the way to the bank I found a perfectly straight, clean, solid, 20" rear coaster brake wheel with a tire in the ditch out in the middle of nowhere. Looks like the Roadmaster is a step closer to NOT having bone jarring solid tires.

Dr. Tankenstein said:

Good to have you here.
Cheers!
Dr. T
thanks man.. 1.8t or VR[/quote]

1.8T Dark blue w/tan leather. Not your 'typical' GTI color scheme.

Latest posts

Back