hairpin seats, real leather, $30. Opinions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have any experience with RBR reproduction saddles? They are made in India, but they are real leather. They look nice anyway, but I want something comfortable too. The actual store sells them for way less than anyone else. Scroll down a little to parts and click on "Victor/Hairpin Style Saddle". This will open a picture window, hit next to see a top view.

http://www.hiwheel.com/parts/index.htm

I got two of them in a trade, one new and one used. I mounted the used one and used it for a while. It had never been properly broken in so it was not the most comfortable ride. But I chalk it up to the cost of having a cool bike. I have since traded the used one to Double Nickle, might ask his opinion on it. I am saving the new one for one of my future builds that I have in the back of my mind.

I had one. I'm about 220lbs and it would want to kind of fold over to the side when I sat on it. And it stunk.

I have a RPR Hair pin saddle. Its ok, never road it over 2 miles, and it is real leather, I payed $50 local. they are $35? internet + shipping.
S5032057.jpg

Okay zoso, I've got to see if Double Nickel will divulge his weight, he recommends them 100%. Sinner4, never over 2 miles because it's uncomfortable?

Thanks, I don't ride that far, the seat is so low and I'm 6 ft 230# and would take it for a long ride. Not a problem. $45 bones for a COOL saddle is COOL. That crap from Wally World seat would set ya back about $30 anyway.

I Would buy another one. Maybe replace this one.... hehehehe
S5003266.jpg

S5003263.jpg

I'm using one on my lowrider.
low912.jpg

Not bad, but i did have to drill a few holes along the bottom edge and lace it up like a sneaker to keep it from feeling like a hammock, plus they are kinda big. Still, Definitely worth the $30.

I ended up giving mine to a guy with a penny farthing. He removed the front spring to make it fit.

for a 145lbs guy like me its just right. got a slight springy action from the leather itself when i hit bumps, which i like.
after staring a it for a long time, it looks too long. I decided and modify it today. shorten it 2 inches.
DSCF1644.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

i may have to do some bending to make the leather seat close to the front coil.

i have one on one of my two stretch cruisers ,its not the most comfortable seat but looks cool 8)

I've got one on my custom. I've been very happy with the seat, although I would like to replace it with a vintage seat some day.

I haven't found mine to be uncomfortable at all. They do stink at first and the paint(?) is kind of tacky (tactile).

Even though I'm close enough to drive they have m-f 9-5 hours so I couldn't pick it up due to work. I ended up having it shipped. Total after tax and shipping was $46.

I have both, the hairpin and the smaller one. I like them both. The smaller leather is not formed perfectly, but it is not bad enough to return it.

The hairpin is surprisingly comfortable. The springs spring, and the leather gives on bumps. It's on the bike that made Ratrod's 2011 calendar, month of May. On this particular bike, I wish the chrome were not so good and look so new.

Back