HANDLEBAR SCORE ..well sort of..Now Straight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went to the bicycle recycle place that sells used bike parts etc..found a sweet set of handlebars..pretty much the same size rise and sweep as my skull skates bars..in the $5 bin, i notice they are bent on the left side.. so the guy says oh they're bent well anything bent we just recycle... lucky for you.. your's free!
so he explains putting a pipe in each end while they are clamped on a bike and bending back the left side back into place..
i'm going to try this weekend..hopefully they can be saved..or anybody have a better idea or suggestion on fixing these?

IMG_0914.jpg

update went to a friends metal shop...he heated them up and bent them back pretty close to original..so i now have everything for a klunker build except the frame..
before
IMG_0912.jpg

after
IMG_0917.jpg

Re: HANDLEBAR SCORE ..well sort of..

Try the pipe method, if it's too much to bend back into place a little heat will help. Other than that brute strength. I had a set of apes that was bent I just pulled them back into place.

Hello Rachelbee.Bars look good,hope you can get them bent into shape.I was in Van in May and stopped at Denman Bikes,bought a set of bars like that in chrome for $29,just like the Skull Skates.They called them Electra Moto.I think they were dead stock,but you might have some luck.And if I find some for your Maruishi over here I will let you know.
CHEERS.Jay

JJBones said:
Hello Rachelbee.Bars look good,hope you can get them bent into shape.I was in Van in May and stopped at Denman Bikes,bought a set of bars like that in chrome for $29,just like the Skull Skates.They called them Electra Moto.I think they were dead stock,but you might have some luck.And if I find some for your Maruishi over here I will let you know.
CHEERS.Jay

Awesome..i will check with Denman because that sounds like a deal if they have any left..i have some for my maruishi they are just super rusted and pitted..might do a sand and paint on them..Thanks for the lookout...would love a mint set of them

Back