Handlebar sources?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out riding my Worksman this evening. The handlebar I have on it is sort of straightish bar with about 3" of rise. It was $14 or so at the local bike shop, and I assume is generic Pyramid/Wald/whatever. Anyway, it broke. Sort of hard to ride a bike with one half of a handlebar uphill into the wind, but I managed to get on home. But my question is this- is there any source of higher quality/ heavier handlebars that fit this same mount? I think it's a 1" size? I'm sure I could pick up a cheap replacement similar to what I had, but don't want that happening again.

Dimension makes a 3" riser bar that is similar to what you have. Most Mountain bike bars wont' have enough rise but would be stonger.

Was yours alloy/aluminum, if so look for something steel. Maybe some old chrome Northroad bars

make your own lol. i have lots of customers looking for strong ape hanger bars and none are avalible so once i get my act together i am going to start making and selling my own

Well, I checked at the local bike stores, didn't see exactly what I wanted, so I went ahead and ordered some from Niagara Cycle. I actually ordered 3 of them (they're cheap), and will see which one works the best.

The one that broke was steel, a cheap chromed bar. I had been having problems with it trying to rotate, and kept having to retighten the screw that keeps it from rotating. It had kind of ovalled the handlebar at that area, too. Well, I was out riding, stopped at a light, it was windy, uphill, and when I started up, I pulled up on the handlebars and the left side just snapped off. Good thing I wasn't pushing down at the time. It was interesting ridng home with one-sided handlebars, up the little hills, into the wind. Fortunately, I was only about 3 miles out when that happeend. I'll slap my old cruiser bars back on until the others come in.

Back