Handlebars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look nice but they appear to have the bars welded directly to the stem. Most Schwinn and other U.S. cruiser type bikes have a stem that uses a pinch bolt to secure the bars in place. With those bars in your link you can't adjust the angle or replace the bars.

The second bars are cruiser style as well. Maybe more middleweight cruiser looking instead of old school heavy weight Schwinn but I would not worry about that if it is not a major concern to you. I realize North American cruisers and cruiser parts are much harder to come by on your side of the Atlantic. To bad the U.K. has to charge such high import taxes on North American items. With the super high shipping cost these day coupled with the import duties it makes so many items impractical to purchase from over here.

I know man import tax is ruthless here :( Been stung with it plenty of times.. often the shipping companies add admin costs on top of it as well and before you know it whatever you bought ain't such a bargain anymore haha

I will keep looking for bars.. most that I seem to find are between 55 and 60cm.. does these dimensions sound in keeping with the theme? I know it might sound stupid but my inspiration is coming from google images! I have never seen a proper cruiser up close..

Cheers

Search the limey eBay for "humpert" under handlebars. As for the stem, have you figured out what size/style you need?

The forks have a 1" steer tube I think though I will measure them to be sure once they arrive, in terms of style I was just going to try and find a chrome steel one which looks kind of right haha.. have you any suggestions?

Cheers

Found some Humpert beach cruiser bars! Cheers for the heads up! They are described as being "silver" so I emailed the company and they said that the finish is a polished steel and thus "chrome like" in appearance.. I don't know what to make of that?

I'm not sure what to make of that, either, but the price seems nice to me... As for the stem, you're on the right track measuring the steer tube, but if it's threaded, you'll need a quill stem and if it's threadless you'll need one that bolts on.... There are various sizes of quills, but 7/8" (22.2mm) is the most common....

Is it possible that the bars are polished nickel over steel?

Yeah it's a threaded steerer tube, the generic lowrider springer type as that's all the was available over here and I haven't got much time at the moment to be messing around fabbing stuff :( Will still look cool though I reckon with a bit of fettling!

The price is right for sure on the bars.. could be they are coated in something and polished I'm not sure? Might be worth a punt but I don't wanna end up with loads of different shades of shiny if you get me haha. I will have a bit more of a look then maybe just get them and see what they are like..

Cheers

Found some Humpert beach cruiser bars! Cheers for the heads up! They are described as being "silver" so I emailed the company and they said that the finish is a polished steel and thus "chrome like" in appearance.. I don't know what to make of that?
I know you probably have them since this almost a month old but for those who wonder polished steel looks like this(the tubing, the stem is chromed):
IMG_0282.jpg

Thats just rough cut with 320 and a quick buff with triploi for a test.

Back