Hannan Rocket #HR001

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here's my future baby. These are the cad images of my design, The Rocket. Very loosely based on a Schwinn straight bar frame. Since Eric Hannan is actually building the frame, I am putting his headbadge on it. This is a prototype frame which will have serial number #HR001. I need to get some parts before he can start welding it together. I'll keep you guys posted. Hey tartosuc, guess where those red tires are going :wink: If they are available of course. This is not going to happen overnite, so it may take some time before I can post some actual pics. But trust me, this thing will be built. Keep posted. :mrgreen:

Rocket1.jpg

Rocket2.jpg

What! No 300 series tires?
Nice looking design! Is that Erics trademark "cut, flip and weld back in" frame section near the head? Going stainless or regular steel? You guys up that way are soooooo cool!
Tell Eric that Gigs and I say HI and to have a Merry Xmas!
Looking forward to this build! By the looks of the cad I might have to refer to it as "MINE TOO"! :mrgreen:
Chainy

Going with regular steel and yes that's the trademark flip so that the 2 inch back bone can connect to the 1 1/2 inch head tube. I'll pass the word Chainy and the best to you and Gigs as well. If I see you in Hamilton this summer (Yeah, I will make it this year), I'll definitely let you try it out. :D

very nice you designed that? i would say it is a cross between a schwinn straight bar and an electra rs frame. i really like it although if i were designing from the ground up i would shorten the seat stays so the tire tucked closer to the seat tube. but thats just me and oh yea "is it rideable?"

OH WOW I like!! is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

I must say 80mm rims are in order for this bike.....yes/no!?

BlueLimo2-788482.jpg

now that's what I'm talking about! :mrgreen: sorry to say but you may want to go shiny for this one! come to my side .....its cool :wink:

OH...and a real cool seat made by me :mrgreen:

FW

Man thats a cool frame!!! I love the natural flow of the curves on the bars. Can't wait to see it progress. Great build!!!

This is a very nice design that xddorox came up with!
I only beefed-up the tubes and fluted the backbone to give it the Hannan Customs flair.
I made 3 different frames with various headtube lenght...CADing is so great for that.
We were quick to realise that a standard head tube lenght was not gonna fly.

Chainy, Giggles!! As you can see I am now a member of this board in good standing! (see my INTRO)
Have a wonderfull holiday and I hope to see you next summer!

Eric.

karfer67 said:
very nice you designed that? i would say it is a cross between a schwinn straight bar and an electra rs frame. i really like it although if i were designing from the ground up i would shorten the seat stays so the tire tucked closer to the seat tube. but thats just me and oh yea "is it rideable?"

Ever rode a Rocket?...

Eric.

Gerry, have you considered using some of budzilla's dropouts? If I was doing a custom frame, I would definitely try to incorporate some of their dropouts. My dream bike would be a NoName Customs with Budz' flame dropouts.
Anyway, I'm totally jealous of the bike you are going to have...way to go!

j'ef (that's the FrenchCanadian version of my name :wink: )

Wow, where do I start? Fat rims are definitively in the cards but not right away. I'm doing the rat thing, building it with what I have as I go along. I'll update the parts as the money shows up, if ever. As for drop outs, I think Eric is working on something for this bike right now :wink: Color wise, I am thinking charcoal Grey with burgundy red and gold accent. This will all depend if I get my hands on some red tires. Seat and grips will be made to match with burgundy red vinyl or leather depending on the cash flow. As for riding pics, I promise you that when it will be good to go, I will take enough riding pics to make you all puke. :mrgreen:

Nice to have you along for the ride Eric. :D

Cool Gerry!

are you going with 1 1/8 headtube and disc brake setup?

i might be the 3rd interrested...

va falloir qu'on se parle...

The backbone alone is 6 to 8 hrs of work and to complete the rest of the frame may be another day of work so 16hrs of work easy + material...it is a $900.00 frame at least, but...It's a collectable item than is sure to gain in value, especialy in the begining of a small production.
If I was mass producing them like 500 frames, they would be around $230.00 per frame but they would never be worth as much as the ones made in my home shop that are numbered on the headbadge...Yes Gerry! You are getting a HR001 headbadge!

As for the headtube, it will be 1 1/2" od...No flimsy bikes coming out of my shop! :lol:

I spent 3hrs trying different dropouts and...not nice. I have to keep trying.

Eric.

`Gerry, this will be one bad bike. I like the classic lines. I have no doubt that Hannan will do a top notch job. By the sounds of it, you will be this to clean, classy and simple.

Back