Happy BDay To Me!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these up on Monday, 10/05 for $200. I think I maybe paid too much but I don't care, it was my birthday and I liked them.
A guy up the road had these up in an attic. The tires held air and I rode each one home. They're still holding air 8)

This Murray Aero Line boys is a nice companion to a Murray Strato Line girls that I have.
They both share the same rack and chainguard. It should clean up nice.
IMG_4667.jpg

My wife digs this 24" Shelby. So I'm doing this first, for her (plus, it's just a cool little bike)!
New 24x2.125 blackwalls are on the way. I put the red grips back on the red Murray, I'm guessing thats
where they came from.
IMG_4664.jpg

The blue girls Murray (S*bolt?) rolls and rides nice as is. :)
IMG_4670.jpg

I think $200 was a fair price, besides it was your birthday. What better excuse do you need.
The murray is worth about what you paid for all three IMHO.
The rack and guard on the shelby are worth a few bucks as well.

I'm impressed with the condition of the chrome on the Shelby. After soaking in a vinegar bath, the chrome is cleaning up nicely. And as for the Murray, I've be wanting a more heavy weight bike and it fits the bill nicely.
While not a fresh, fresh find, this Murray got me started earlier this summer. I paid a $100 for it.

IMG_4799.jpg

Happy Birthday to you! As far as I'm concerned you did real good. It's not that easy to find a tanker like the Murray you bought in good enough original condtion to just clean up & ride. I don't have one - covet-covet. The Shelby is very desirable by Shelby collectors just in itself. I accidentally picked one up - drove 3 hours thinking it was a 26". Yours is a whole lot prettier than mine. I tried to copy that image to put in my Shelby file for reference but it came out flat. And the girls Murray Strato Line is beautiful and I'm sure rides just as beautifully with the springer. If you ever wake up one morning and feel like you paid too much for the Murray Aero Line I'll be glad to reimburse you for it. Good score!

My Crusty one but with a springer!
67-10-09.jpg

I finished the Shelby. I painted the frame since it was pretty scraped up. Also added new grips and a headlight that I had sitting around.
ShelbyRefresh.jpg

BankerRAt said:
wow the girls Shelby is sweeeeeeeeeet ! Ive never used Vinegar to clean rust. How does it work?

It works well. With heavy rust you have to soak, scrub, soak, etc. The only thing that I've noticed is once it's out of the soup, you really have to rinse everything well or it will flash rust.

Back