Has anyone tried these tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, you just about can't go wrong at that price. I've never tried a set of those but it looks like a nice street tread pattern on them.

I have those on my Roadster. Mine are branded as Kustom Kruiser, along with the bike. I bet its the same tire mold. I really like them. They are smooth rolling. They are on the large side compared to some other 2.125's. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if you want a balloon tire and you like the tread design. My rims are fairly wide. Hope that helps.
84073DDF-24E7-4156-B23E-FA12A988F313-542-000000EC697AEFC6.jpg

F02DC417-D8BD-4A0C-8D74-30F2E3FDC417-542-000000EC8AC670D0.jpg

Mitch, I do not have that tire,but the comparison to the Kustom Kruiser tire prompts my response. I have the KK tire too and they are identical to my Duro all red tires. Now the Duro website shows a " Beach Bum " tire that might be the same too. Anyhow, expect a good tire from CST, and probably wide at the tread. Notice the square shoulder ?

I like the tire...
I have them in blue
P8180012.jpg

and red..
P7010017.jpg

P7010006.jpg

Nice and wide, very smooth rolling.

Unfortunately, once you add the shipping cost, thay are about the same $$ as your LBS...IF your LBS has them.

dougfisk said:
Unfortunately, once you add the shipping cost, thay are about the same $$ as your LBS...IF your LBS has them.

My LBS is the internet. I have to compare shipping cost to driving at least 50 miles to and 50 miles from a bike shop, figure in time lost and shipping doesn't look so bad anymore.

yoothgeye said:
My LBS is the internet. I have to compare shipping cost to driving at least 50 miles to and 50 miles from a bike shop, figure in time lost and shipping doesn't look so bad anymore.

Man, I didn't know it was even possible to get 50 miles from the nearest LBS. :shock:

dougfisk said:
yoothgeye said:

Man, I didn't know it was even possible to get 50 miles from the nearest LBS. :shock:

Lots of people take it for granted. My sister lives in downtown Richmond, VA, she can't throw a dead cat without hitting a bike shop.

When I moved to this town we had 1, but they were not stocking and hardly taking any work and they closed not long after I got into bikes, I'm not in the middle of nowhere, I am about 10 minutes from Interstate 95 and 10 minutes from the Virginia border, but the closest shop is way downtown Rocky Mount (50 miles away).

Whenever I go out of town it is a huge treat for me to go into a bike shop.

they were 27 dollars and some change including shipping for a pair. Way cheaper than bike shops around here. ..even Walmart and K-mart. Man those are all some good looking rides posted too!!

Back