HATE WAITING FOR PARTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So after calling several LBSs around and figuring out that most are clueless about modern headsets, I had to order one off of Amazon. Wasn't paying attention or something and when I got the tracking number I looked it up and it said it had just left.....China...DOH!

eze6umuh.jpg

Smoopy's said:
Tater said:
Steve, I have threaded and non threaded headsets for that frame.

that's integrated Headset set-up bud..never seen a threaded one before..

Have a look at aluminum frame Felt cruisers with quill stems and electra Townies. I have a few Felt cruisers with that headset and a box full of new threaded 1-1/8" 44mm semi-integrated sets. -let me know if you need one. 8)

This Felt does not have the trim cap over the nut
DSC05779.jpg

This Townie has a trim cap over the nut
20130209-115352.jpg

Awesome!

I'll tell you the back story on this.

This is the bike I started with...

felt1.jpg

I ended up selling the Abraham Linkage fork to member Henry Morgan a couple of months ago because he wanted to use it on the Ruff Cycles frame I sold him. I figured I could always get me another when they come back in stock. In the mean time, while the Felt was partially disassembled, I decided to go ahead and paint the frame and fork in the same primer that I had painted the Mongoose Beast. I sold the Beast about a month ago to someone locally so I no longer had a cool primered bike.

In the process of putting everything back together I messed up the crown race and also found out that the cups were also scored up. The previous set up was a sealed bearing set that looked like someone had pieced together.

I decided I would just play it safe and start fresh with a whole new headset.

Also forgot to mention that the previous owner of the frame had drilled two nasty holes at one point to mount a brake caliper.

dsc0005z.JPG

I ended up filling them with some JB Weld and smoothing it back out....looks nice again.

Rat Rod said:
Awesome!

I'll tell you the back story on this.

This is the bike I started with...

felt1.jpg

I ended up selling the Abraham Linkage fork to member Henry Morgan a couple of months ago because he wanted to use it on the Ruff Cycles frame I sold him. I figured I could always get me another when they come back in stock. In the mean time, while the Felt was partially disassembled, I decided to go ahead and paint the frame and fork in the same primer that I had painted the Mongoose Beast. I sold the Beast about a month ago to someone locally so I no longer had a cool primered bike.

In the process of putting everything back together I messed up the crown race and also found out that the cups were also scored up. The previous set up was a sealed bearing set that looked like someone had pieced together.

I decided I would just play it safe and start fresh with a whole new headset.

Nice looking update on FB.
I like the primer red. That gives me an idea on a Felt Hurley PR that I might get soon.

1185458_659789184039607_1890516431_n.jpg

Hey...you let the cat out of the bag! :lol:

I still have decals and pinstriping to do before the official unveiling.

Back