Haunted Cemetery(s)?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posey Chapel is a creepy little cemetery near me. Supposedly haunted, blah,blah,blah. Took my daughters there tonight. Weird sounds/noises and these weird lights/orbs in the pics. Not saying it is or isnt, but strange none the less...
000_0008.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0005.jpg

Re: Haunted Cemetery?

YIKES!

Oh wow man. My next door neighbor is a cemetery from the mid 1800's and i have some pics with orb things in them, kinda freaky. One night my buddy and i took a walk threw it with our guitars just playin and and we both stopped playin at the same time and heard bells ringing :shock: , needless to say it freaked both of us out so we went back to my place and started drinking more :mrgreen: I will see if i can find the pics

My buddy use to do the same thing. Has piles of photos. Spooky stuff. Went with him a bunch of times but the only one that gave me the strong sense of your not suppose to be here Was at the Indian burial ground on the reservation. So I didn't!

hey bigblock! have you heard of the reformatory in mansfield ohio? seen it on ghost adventures last week, looks pretty cool. we are into this stuff too. we went to the hannah house last week in indy, it was ok. too many people to do a real good investigation. we were able to catch some voices on our digital voice recorder. we are going to waverly sanitorium in louisville this summer. my wife has been, i haven't. there is some freaky stuff that goes on there! :shock:

murraymadman said:
hey bigblock! have you heard of the reformatory in mansfield ohio? seen it on ghost adventures last week, looks pretty cool. we are into this stuff too. we went to the hannah house last week in indy, it was ok. too many people to do a real good investigation. we were able to catch some voices on our digital voice recorder. we are going to waverly sanitorium in louisville this summer. my wife has been, i haven't. there is some freaky stuff that goes on there! :shock:
"my wife has been" uh was that to visit.....hopefully :lol:

murraymadman said:
You should check out Central State sanaterium in Indy next time your around

these are from a few years ago. I got a free disposable B/W camera with a cigarette purchase and went to a local cemetery. All of the pics taken there had these orbs but no other pics had them. In the one photo, theres a strange "smoke" and about 20 seconds later the other pic was taken. No smoke but ALOT of orbs....
Rose2-1.jpg

Rose1-1.jpg

ahhhh, forgot about that being the shawshank location! seen that on ghost hunters when taps went there. wanting to go to west virginia to trans allegenhy(spelling :D ) reformatory. if i am correct, charles mansion was once held there.

bigblockthing said:
im all about the haunted places and urban exploration...anybody know of any places in ohio?

There is a cemetery in Medina county off Rt 303 and Rt 257 that I have heard and read stories about. I believe on a road called Myrtle Hill. Specifically one gravesite. Personally I stay as far away from those places as I can.They give me a bad case of the heeby jeebies.

Markm said:
Posey Chapel is a creepy little cemetery near me. Supposedly haunted, blah,blah,blah. Took my daughters there tonight. Weird sounds/noises and these weird lights/orbs in the pics. Not saying it is or isnt, but strange none the less...

Man, I'm kinda surprised you could get your daughters to go, especially at night!
Looks like they had a case of the willies based on the looks on their faces!
Did you 'spook' them?

bigblockthing said:
im all about the haunted places and urban exploration...anybody know of any places in ohio?

this institution was about 5 minutes from my house..until it was demolished :cry:

http://forgottenoh.com/Broadview/broadview.html

Man, I bet that was a neat experience!
Looks like a time capsule, but it's interesting how deteriorated the inside was.
It's a shame they tore it down, here in Houston they would've converted it into condos.

Gold Street Customs said:
Now an interesting bit of info, if you take pictures in a church, you can also see the bubbles over certain people...
true! I found some in our wedding pics.

drabe said:
Markm said:

Man, I'm kinda surprised you could get your daughters to go, especially at night!
Looks like they had a case of the willies based on the looks on their faces!
Did you 'spook' them?
That was the original plan, but didnt need to with the sounds and general creepiness of the place!

Wow, I'd love to see some of those big creepy abandoned asylums and mental hospitals you guys have over there. I find this stuff fascinating. It's hard to look at any American town that isn't LA or NY or something and not think of Stephen King or those early-mid 90's horror films... It must be the elm trees... "they're he-ere" :shock: Down here in Oz it's a bit different, probably because the history isn't as long and we haven't had any wars here, but the creepiness has a different tone. There are still alot of old cemetaries out in the bush, and to me it's the isolation of the place that gets you. Even now, when you rock up there in air conditioned comfort, it still feels like you're at the end of the world (go further inland and it's more like Mars). It just blows me away to think that there were families who had WALKED for weeks to get there in the 1850's :shock: :shock: And then you see the grave of a baby who died at birth or something, and it just hits you.

It's almost a relief to see the warm yellow glow of the golden arches as you head back into town... :lol:

murraymadman said:
ahhhh, forgot about that being the shawshank location! seen that on ghost hunters when taps went there. wanting to go to west virginia to trans allegenhy(spelling :D ) reformatory. if i am correct, charles mansion was once held there.

You're talking about the West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundsville. Very cool place to tour in the daytime as well as their Halloween attraction. There's also the State Lunatic Asylum at Weston, WV that has, or did have, a haunted attraction around Halloween.

hahaha that's very cool. I never really think much of orbs cause sometimes it just particles of dust caught on the flash, but they always add a nice effect on pictures. When you get smokey mist in the pic, I dig that.
There's a park in the town next to me that was originally a cemetary. The town was found by Quakers way back when. The city lifted and moved the graves to a larger area. No occasionally there'll be sort of a fog around it when theres none elsewhere.. Ive only seen it a handful of times, but it always trips me out.

maddogrider said:
One night my buddy and i took a walk threw it with our guitars just playin and and we both stopped playin at the same time and heard bells ringing :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet there is a pair of guys out in the woods telling a similar story to there friends "Yeah me and Joe was out in the old cemetery playin our bells and we suddenly heard guitars playin, :shock: It kinda freaked us out but we guessed it was just two guys foolin with us so we played along with them " :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back