Have you ever went for a ride FRONT PAGE WEEKEND ISSUE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
gotten stopped by the local news paper reporter for an interview?

My 10 year old and I went for a quick spin at the local beach park on our tall bikes this morning. Many people would shout and wave, drivers would honk and wave. It was super cool to see my boy with a huge grin on his face. There is one part of the beach park with a huge fake clam shell that we were playing around in. A jeep pulled up and a lady came running over to us. She introduced herself and said she was a reporter for the local paper, the Rockport Pilot. She asked if she could ask us questions about our "unusual bicycles". Anyway, she takes our info then snaps a handful of pictures and thanks us for our time, and our passion for fun and bicycles. I will post the article if and when it comes out to share with my fellow ratters.

here is the area where I was talking about. This tall bike is now red white and blue.
beachbikes007.jpg

Re: Have you ever went for a ride and ...

thats cool stuff and the look on lil mans face is what its all about... cant wait to see the article...

Cool pic from this little daredevil.
A few times I've been stopped by passers-by, for having a picture taken (or a testride), but never by a newspaper reporter. It must have been a nice experience for you guys,hasn't it? Can't wait to see the article here.

That's great; and I love the pic..

I haven't been stopped like that; but I don't seem to go more than an average of four days without someone complimenting me on my bike, or telling me they "remember when they first came out".

Everytime I ride my tall bike people take photos, stop, yell, honk, swerve, etc... never a newspaper interview, but I'm trying! haha

I am seriously worried though that one day I'm going to cause an accident. Had someone nearly dump their coffee in their lap, another guy dropped his jaw and his toothpick or lollipop fell out.

Some kid in NC got on TV for making a tall bike. My phone blew up with people telling me. Problem is , tall bikes have been around since the late 1800's. They never really went away.

Back