Hawthorn tank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this tank bike earlyer today. it's in alright shape, been repainted though.

101_0093.jpg

101_0094.jpg

Yep! Suprisenly this is a great riding bike and is easy to peddle, most the tank bikes i've own feel like your hualing alot of extra weight on it lol

Yeah the silver is metalic, it's a decent riding bike but it really wants to turn to the left when riding. lol I bought a monark the other week for parts and i'm thinking o putting the springer fork on this bike then putting these truss rods on another one of my bikes. the forks proberly bent on this bike since it likes being a lefty lol

Hey that's my Hawthorne! I sold 3 bikes to guy out Kingston way last summer.
He also got my old CCM and my old Hiawatha. I got some cash and an od geetar.
The paint was based on the old stencils that were buried under silver paint.
If you repaint it, I won't be offended.
Dan

lol small world, it's not bad of a bike, i hate the seat though, it hurts my pride lol i'm gonna take it appart and use the pieces to fix two of my other seats like that. I like these big old bikes I have six of them now kinda odd seeing a canadian with more american bikes hanging in their shed then canadian ones lol. i do have lots though but only the nicer ones stay in there. i wont repaint it though it'd good enough for me :D

It's nice to see it again and in good hands too. That was my first tank bike and the seat hurt my pride too.
I don't recall it pulling left though, maybe it's trying to come back to me.

It's gonna have a headach soon anyway when i remove the forks then put springer. my western flyer has been eyeing the rack this bike has too, I don't think the rack is correct to this bike anyway only because the piece that attaches to the rear fender theres no hole for it, westernflyer atleast has hole. i'll proberly just break down and buy a bunch of racks to fix the tankbikes only two have them. anyone have some decent priced racks? lol

Very nice Hawthorne.

When you mentioned a pull to the left, I looked closer. The forks may be bent back about an inch or so. That would make it ride funny. If so, they can be straightened and I'll bet that evens out the ride. Or, a springer would be good for it too.

Latest posts

Back