Hawthorne build (riding it around now)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this was a riding complete bicycle before i took it apart the rims had lose spokes and it was nice from 20 feet away, but up close you could tell it was 60 year old and bad paint so far i took it a part and put paint stripper on it and bent the forks back a bit soon it will be bright orange and white like chevy orange, or hemi orange. i'm going to put a cheap springer on it and i'm going to make it a woody by using wood instead of a tank. but here are the before pics.
newbike.jpg

hawthorne3.jpg

Re: Hawthorne build

SMUT PEDDLER said:
well this was a riding complete bicycle before i took it apart the rims had lose spokes and it was nice from 20 feet away, but up close you could tell it was 60 year old and bad paint so far i took it a part and put paint stripper on it and bent the forks back a bit soon it will be bright orange and white like chevy orange, or hemi orange. i'm going to put a cheap springer on it and i'm going to make it a woody by using wood instead of a tank. but here are the before pics.
newbike.jpg

hawthorne3.jpg
ooo nice man! Im planning on doing a woodie also once i get a cool frame. any more pics?

so here it is so far but i got some monark forks for it they should be here any day now and at this point i'm going to go black and white like an old cop bike. the name i'm going to go with this bike is the cool copper. because i'm going to do a full cop bike on this i'm looking for an old police badge to use as an head badge and more things to come.

jesusfreak86 said:
here you go anitque police badges i have bought one from them before there great qaulity they look just like the real thing check them out http://www.riverjunction.com/catalog/badges/custom.html
Thats a cool site, at first I was thinking....man thats alot of money for badges and then I looked at the tin badges and those aren't to bad and the locks are just plain cool....giving me ideas....be afraid be very afraid :roll:

cool thanks for the info I want to do a vintage style motor cycle job on this bike. once it's done i was thinking about donating it to a police museum. my wife's father was a motorcycle cop for most of his life and i wanted to do a good enough job to put it in a police museum. I know alot of you have had trouble with cops but you have also met some cool ones along the way in life. that is why i'm building this bike for that cause. i really like the old school cop cars and cop motorcycles of past time and i think it would be cool to show my respect for them and have others see my my work.

Re: Hawthorne build (new pics)

wow that looks great! i really like the design.

We've got one thing in common. I think we both like whitewalls. Good looking bike. Nice job.

Back