Hawthorne build Woodie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well here is my new project im gonna be working on. I know there's going to be alot of hours going into this but it will be worth it.

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

Awesome job on the antique corroded patina. The pitting looks almost real and that faux hole in the frame is so convincing it looks like you could stick a finger in there and really get Tetanus :lol:

Seriously though, looks like you have a lot of ground to cover!

Still amazes me how many of these old bikes have wear holes in the chainstay from a bent crank, had a Schwinn like that myself. I can understand the bent forks and front axles that old steel was soft, and you can ride pretty well although the wheel might rub the fork a bit(most of the forged Schwinn forks are like that - tire wear marks) but a crank banging the chainstay that hard must've impeded forward progress more than a bit.

Oh, sounds like a good idea for a build, as said lots of work ahead on that one.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN CHIMI !!! cant wait for the wood work to show up

that badge is cool too

reminds of these kinda sorta ... except cooler :D

LP-WB-DC005.jpg

van-halen-logo.JPG

Wow, what a load of sanding. I went with sandblasting but to each his own.

Cool! Those are sweet looking frames, I have one myself. High build primer is the solution! :D As for the badge, try some steady rubbing with never dull wadding polish. Works great on aluminum! No scratches. How do you plan on doing the woodie part? On a tank? A painted inset would look mint on a tank.

My frame:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nlsbav.jpg

looking fantastic. i love those old classic bikes beeing rebuild. i wish we had those cool stuff over here.
by the way: i love the combikation of fender and tomatos 8)

Nice result, can´t believe the way that frame came up.
If you haven't touched the head badge, don´t! Leave it as it is! It has a great patina...

Latest posts

Back