Hawthorne Cleveland Welding

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the curved fender braces and curved rear rack support I'd say a 1937 or 1938. I really like the art deco feel of it. I have a Roadmaster mens bike of the same vintage.

Sludgeguy is right on about the Art Deco Appeal.,However those braces Id almost bet my teeth are distinctively 40's., note the '41 CWC Roadmaster for instance. same fender struts.
If I had to guess, Id say 50's AMF with male donor fenders and rack. probably a hole in the front fender for the light.

https://buyvintage1.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/roadmaster2.jpg?w=480&h=360

My '39 Columbia has a similar Rack., but my struts are leaned in the reverse direction.

Correct me if im wrong but in the 30s hawthornes were produced by snyder. If it's indeed stamped as a cwc on the serial # wouldn't that place it in the 40s?? Also prewar hawthornes came with a drop stand this one is a normal mounted kickstand and the dropouts scream post war as well. Message wildcat that guy can positively I'd any bike. He's a freaking encyclopedia on narrowing down these bikes. The rear fender was found commonly on 1940s hawthornes and they repopped em on eBay. I recently sold a 1941 hawthorne commet with the same rack. I don't claim to know anything but I'd say this is post war early to mid 40s. Chainring makes me lean more towards early 40s. Like 43-45. Regardless it's a great bike.

Back