hawthorne head badge?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a few hawthorne headbadges on ebay. but i'm not sure which one is period specific to my bike. anyone have any idea?
here's what ive found so far. I would really like to use the brass one but i dont know if the holes will match up with the ones on the frame.

this is the frame i need it for
DSC01466.jpg

A-
BPihVGWkKGrHgoOKkEEjlLm0GPBJ0GRDMdz.jpg

B-
BcQRhQCGkKGrHqUOKiUEq5eCrQBKzo71TCw.jpg

C-
BbuDuQ2kKGrHqIOKiYEq4INImyBKSSkkCQ_.jpg

D-
Bcu4UQmkKGrHqIOKjYEq4OpENpBK26Itgk_.jpg

E-
BeCr7VwWkKGrHqQOKjIEq43mEwuBK7kk9Z-.jpg

F
hawthorne_hb.jpg

A,C, and D are from '36-42. B is 51-7, E is 48-9, and the last one is from a 60s lightweight. Your frame is a late 50s - mid 60s, so actually none of them would fit. I believe the original badge would be similar to the last one, but witout 'made in england' on it. Somewhere in the mid 60s, they went to a decal badge. ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
A,C, and D are from '36-42. B is 51-7, E is 48-9, and the last one is from a 60s lightweight. Your frame is a late 50s - mid 60s, so actually none of them would fit. I believe the original badge would be similar to the last one, but witout 'made in england' on it. Somewhere in the mid 60s, they went to a decal badge. ~Adam

that hurts straight to my soul....... i really want the brass one. but its like $30. no point in it if it wont fit.
thanks a lot man for clearing that up or me

that hurts straight to my soul...blank i really want the brass one. but its like $30. no point in it if it wont fit.
thanks a lot man for clearing that up or me
Well, if you're building a rat rod, it's not like you have to have the exact badge! You could just mark the holes and drill them out for whatever badge suits your taste. ..And the winged H badges with wards on top are all brass, would've had painted accents originally. ~Adam

Back