Hawthorne Muscle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah, almost ringer for my Royce union MIJ bike. When they are so sad like that we can't help but pick them up. I would have done the same.
RoyceUnion1.jpg

IT IS! Kinda makes me want to go pull it back out of the pile of misfit frames I filed it in out back...Why did you have to go an show me what it could be. Another project, I do not need!

heyslugger said:
IT IS! Kinda makes me want to go pull it back out of the pile of misfit frames I filed it in out back...Why did you have to go an show me what it could be. Another project, I do not need!

It is almost my favorite bike, bought just the way you see it cept for the Scotty plate. Had the saddle basket and chain and everything. Has so much .... mojo. I've put some miles on it and I am 6-foot. The frames are pretty unique. Just the integrated seat clamp is pretty rad. Not to mention the lugged frame on a nanner.

Do you hear it calling you from the scrap pile?
229325_1880752151780_1630597540_1932972_5996400_n.jpg

STOP. Are you trying to get me killed. If I am seen by the boss draging a bike out of the scrap pile it is OVER! Something about having that basket on one side gives is flare. Like a tilted ball cap, it just looks right!

Xcruiser said:
Id have snagged it too,thats one cool frame.Love the way the chainstays widen to the dropouts.
Although,,i must say the cantilever bars look like they went limp.lol

They look limp on mine for sure. I thought it was a weird design choice, but I have seen a few more of these frames, and none of the cantilevers are as limp am mine, so it must be a manufacturer defect. The others I have seen come with this same tall sissy bar, so I am guessing it was a stock item rather than an upgrade.

Made in japan. I had a guy who works in corperate at Toyota write and ask to buy mine, but I didn't want to sell. I have pics of a really nice one I will try to post later.

Latest posts

Back