Hawthorne Spirit of 76 Bicentennial Banana seat Tandem bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a Hawthorne Tandem .I told myself I had no time to do the build off this year due to circumstances beyond my control.
But I decided to go for it any ways :dance2: I haven't had much success vote wise on my past muscle bike build off entries .
I plan on building this anyway so I figure why not. Its just to much fun to sit on the side lines & watch the action.
DSC02646_zps8fcaa13b.jpg

DSC02648_zps462f7620.jpg

Glad to see you in the game this year. Just build what makes you happy!
I dig that muscle tandem! I remember the bicentennial bikes. My first ten speed was a Red White and Blue Sears Free Spirit.

Glad ya made it buddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the support guys it is apriciated .. Im been doing a lot of house repairs recently but I really want to get this bike done this year .. The two things I may need is a 3 speed twin tube shifter & maybe a better rear fender. I have a few but Id like to find a even better correct one that is better than the extra correct fender that I have .. So if anyone has a shifter or fender I figure Id put it out there ,:crazy2:

Last edited:
You have me wondering if its stamped Hawthorne I never thought to look at the rear brake arm to see .Now I will have to check ..

My guess is this will be the only Hawthorne musclebike tandem entered this year, (or any other years) I had this one for a bit, does yours have Hawthorne stamped on the coaster brake hub?

Do what you can and keep it fun.
Always good to see the band getting back together.
That tandem is not something I have ever seen before, so interested either way.

Have you had a chance to do anything with all of those double down goodies?

Latest posts

Back