Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I found this Hawthorne on a local CL. It really isn't anything all that special, but the frame really jumped out at me. I love the dual top bars and how it opens up to the rear wheel. The lines are just super cool. Since I am almost finished with the Hot Rod Higgins for RRBO7, I think this is going to be my next project. I am thinking maybe a metalflake white finish....

hawthorne1.jpg

The double pinstripes look good on those fenders. I also like the Snyder (Rollfast) frames.

I sent a post yesterday on Bike I D listed as Columbia? with a photo of an old middleweight. Two replies were kind enough to tell me it looked Snyder built, probably Hawthorne. It does look similar to your bike. The number on the bottom is C181244, which is why I put Columbia with a question mark in my subject line because that could be a Columbia #. Do you have an idea of the age of your Hawthorne? Thanks.

BikeSup said:
I sent a post yesterday on Bike I D listed as Columbia? with a photo of an old middleweight. Two replies were kind enough to tell me it looked Snyder built, probably Hawthorne. It does look similar to your bike. The number on the bottom is C181244, which is why I put Columbia with a question mark in my subject line because that could be a Columbia #. Do you have an idea of the age of your Hawthorne? Thanks.

Sorry, but I have no idea on the age of mine. I haven't even had a chance to look at the serial number...not to mention I wouldn't even know how to decipher it! :lol:

I have a feeling this bike is going to sit in the garage till winter (unless I sell or trade it first!). I just have too many projects going right now.

Latest posts

Back