He was just an ol' gray tabby, but...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember clearly the day my wife and I picked him at the Humane Society, or rather how he picked us. It was one of the first cool days of fall late in September and she and I thought it was time to have a cat again. When we went to see all the cats, he came to us and literally crawled onto my shoulders and lay down and stayed there. Eventually he moved to my wife and wrapped his paws around her neck...he was the one she said and he went home with us. That was just shy of 18 years ago.
He was the reason my son began to crawl, then walk and then run. Then it was my daughter's turn 5 1/2 years later. We had the plain tabby for a long time...much longer than we've had the kids (and they're 15 and 9). But today, this morning he finally had to be put down. He had gotten more and more feeble since last year and I knew he would not make it through another winter but it still hurt to have his done today. Gone now is my buddy that would follow me thoughout the house, watch movies while in my lap, come when I called and able to hear the opening of a tunafish can from clear on the other side of the house. Yep, today pretty much sucked.

Sorry for your loss. Just remember the good times you had.
We had to put down our dog this past spring, very hard decision to make.

I feel for you too. The loss of a pet is traumatic. Have been there have done that . It takes time to ease the pain but you really don't forget.

feelin' for ya' man! we have a six year old tabby that we took into our rescue group five years ago and he was paralyzed from not eating and couldn't use his front legs. we had xrays done on him and they found rocks in his stomach he was eating. we took him in, fed him, nursed him back to health and he regained use of his legs within a month. craziest thing i ever seen! he is our buddy, comes like a dog when called. :wink: just remember the good times you had with yours and think of how grateful he was to have you adopt him and give him a great long life. :)

I feel for you, I had a fluffy white cat about the same age pass away a few months ago, he was in my life almost 15 years, we rescued him when I was 6 or 7. The loss is very painful, I know, but now whenever I think of him I get only good memories. I'm glad to know that other people like you care about animals, it really shows how good you are. God bless.

I know your loss all too well, he will always be in your heart & mind. You were blessed to have shared so many wonderful years together. may those memories comfort you.

i feel your pain. my cats are pushing 20 years 17 and 16.
i know the day is close at hand for one of them, and its gonna break my heart.

i don't have kids, but treat them like they are my children.
so sorry to hear about your loss, nothing worse than losing a member of the family.

Thank you friends. Your words mean a lot to me and they comfort a troubled heart. It seems odd that the old gray tabby isn't here besides me while I type on the keyboard but I know that this will pass eventually. He was a great cat and I have many fond memories stockpiled. He always knew which people didn't like cats and I swear he purposely would go and sit right by them ...or in their lap. :lol: And then after he was removed from their lap, he'd saunter over to mine and just stare at the person. He was a card.
Rest in peace my fuzzy buddy! :wink:

You have a nice way with words, man. You can tell it's from the heart. Give it some time and then go collect his successor. There is a cat about to be put down, right now, which needs you. Go save one in his remembrance.

Lonewolf said:
go collect his successor. There is a cat about to be put down, right now, which needs you. Go save one in his remembrance.
This.

SC, the best feline mojo to you. so sorry to hear about this. we are cat people too, we like dogs, but cats are a better choice for us, and we love, appreciate them, and care for them. We have 2 - Ellis and Scooter. consider rescuing a another deserving cat, as has been suggested. you will be glad that you did!

Back